ANGEL '0' DEATH & The Disciples~ 100% Done,Finished...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ANGEL '0' DEATH

Funkme said:
LukeTheJoker said:
Funkme said:
Back in those days I remember I was not even allowed to take woodshop at school,cause I was a girl... :lol:
Wow! How old are you? :lol: Just kidding, I do remember girls being in my metal working and wood working classes and even an apprentice who went through tafe with our group...

Luke.

Middle 40's...lol
Aint no shame in age... :D
The funny thing is before that time woman were in the ship yard building ships and building airplanes while World War 2 was going on and then got sent back to the kitchens after because the men didn't like it. I think it is great that some women now days want to do stuff like this and can if they want to.

Re: ANGEL '0' DEATH

I hear you... I live on a island where women are suppose to marry and bend over backwards for thr cheatin man...Lol
So when they see me doin all kinds of work,they are completely :shock: :shock: :shock:
But I started teaching myself the things I do,as it is so expensive to get someone out to do it,if they turn up at all... :|

Re: ANGEL '0' DEATH - Help with handlebars!!!

So I'm having a hard time deciding what style of bars to make...
Need advice...

Style A: (nice and low,I would need to bring them in closer at the moment I ride stretched)
Also a big difference if seat is forward and higher or back and low...

Style B: Medium height nothing fancy maybe half moon style?

Style C: High Ape

In the shadow lurks another...

I'm blown away by your innovation, vision, and execution!
The shadow shot is Too Cool!!

What type of bars are good for riding?
I can imagine you making your own swept back bars so you can pedal in cool comfort

Funkme said:
So I'm having a hard time deciding what style of bars to make...
Need advice...

(SNIP)

Style B: Medium height nothing fancy maybe half moon style?

(SNIP)
In the shadow lurks another...

I think these one fit it best and also think they would work as is, but I'm sure you could do better in this style in the end...

MplsCoaster said:
I'm blown away by your innovation, vision, and execution!
The shadow shot is Too Cool!!

What type of bars are good for riding?
I can imagine you making your own swept back bars so you can pedal in cool comfort
Thanx "MplsCoaster" execution was the hardest of the 3... :D
Tommy Atoms said:
I hate picking bars. For me it seems either the bike looks good or I ride comfortable. Hard to choose. Its one of those bikes that look cool no matter what bars you put on it so your lucky. By the way 67 was a very good year.
'67" is a great vintage... :wink:
I origanlly thought half moon style or low, but i have seen clips of people on cruisers,and they seem uncomfy? When they start off they are wobbling all over the place,aswell as at a slow pace....Sooo un 8)

@ "Decothered" Those bars are of a bmx,they are short and a lil thin, i hate the cross bar,but they could come in handy for a Klunker one day or to cut or not to cut :?:
LukeTheJoker said:
I am loving the apes on that crazy ride!

Luke.
Apes wer a after thought...& they do look rad...
I def prefer the seat up and forward a bit,so this will also help with arms length,and knee height...
ok maybe I should make 3 sets of bars,and see wich is the best, I could always use them on another build...

I dont think any of those bars do his bike justice.
I'm picturing some custom bars that sweep back in a humpback arch. I that would compliment the flow of the frame.
BTW, that's the coolest bike shadow ever.!

kingfish254 said:
I'm picturing some custom bars that sweep back in a humpback arch. I that would compliment the flow of the frame.

I totally agree with kingfish. If it were me, I would see if I could do some swept back ones that follow the same line as the "top tube". :D

Glen said:
kingfish254 said:

I totally agree with kingfish. If it were me, I would see if I could do some swept back ones that follow the same line as the "top tube". :D
Ok I have these,they came off my electra jeremy... dont really like them,so i could cut the bar and extend them...
Maybe you guys have a pic you could share?

Funk,
You have so many levels of awesomeness going on here between the bits of the story you have shared with us about the challenges of building a bike there and the stigma of a woman doing it on top of that. To the innovate style of your bike. This is just a great build and I cant wait to see it done.

As far as the seat and bars, I think all the bars look good but i prefer the seat position from the first pic. Low and back by the wheel.

Funkme said:
Ok I have these,they came off my electra jeremy... dont really like them,so i could cut the bar and extend them...
Maybe you guys have a pic you could share?

Those would certainly give you the general shape I was thinking of.

Here is a quick photoshop mock up of my thoughts...

aa9i1g.jpg

I would start with the bars in photo A, then use the Electra Jeremy bars for the extended curve :D

Ok, nice combo there...I like that...I will make them wide and motorcycle style ...Following the curve of the frame.....
Thanx guys :D

Should be back on track by the end of this week,handlebars and seat are my goal for this coming weekend....

Re: ANGEL '0' DEATH - Seat almost done...

Back at last, decide to mount the springs to the bobber seat,so its all set up...

Now I'm just waiting on the studs,the skull is already cut out of the leather...

Just don't let it bite you!
That seat is wicked bare, I can't wait to see the skull leather on it.
BRAVO Miss Funk!!!

kingfish254 said:
Just don't let it bite you!
That seat is wicked bare, I can't wait to see the skull leather on it.
BRAVO Miss Funk!!!

I like it bare metal aswell...So me thinks to keep it that way,with just the leather ,2 soften the ride :wink:
Aint getting any younger... :D

Latest posts

Back