Another B.T.R.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too much for tonight, I tried to use an old 2" hole saw that I had but only got about a quarter through one plate before the teeth were gone so I'll pick up a new one tomorrow and finish that. I did get the holes that mount the three plates together drilled.

img1304hh.jpg

I've also been playing with ideas on vintagizing the motor, below is a photo with an old compressor head sitting on top, I might make some horizontal fins to go around the valve cover.

img1307z.jpg

That's some nice heavy duty mounts you made there , i can imagine making a 2" hole without a milling machine is one heck of a task :eek:

I got my hole saw and got the plates drilled, cleaned up, and tacked to the motor plate. I also tacked the 1/2"base plate to the frame and for the first time in this build I have what resembles a motor bike and not some goofy looking frame.

img1312kb.jpg

img1316m.jpg

img1318rw.jpg

img1319ug.jpg

Whatever you do, do :x not steal a street sign and band slice it into fins for your valve cover. I'm sure the nearest hardware chain store has something :?

:lol:

JohThomas Sorrels said:
I've also been playing with ideas on vintagizing the motor, below is a photo with an old compressor head sitting on top, I might make some horizontal fins to go around the valve cover.

img1307z.jpg

Yes this looks great, you need a little something to fill the gap between the frame and engine... just my 2 pennies

are you making front engine mounts?

If you make your own intake tube you can put just about any carb you want on the motor. I'm going with a 22 mm mikuni because of how easy they are to tune and set up. Look for cobrafreaks thread, he has almost the same set up as I am planning to run only a slightly different motor.

I don't know if anyone asked you yet or not but, did you relace and true your wheels yourself?

I laced the rear wheel myself and will do the front but will either have to buy or make a truing stand for final assembly or take them somewhere to get trued. I've got it close but not 40 mph close.

JohThomas Sorrels said:
I laced the rear wheel myself and will do the front but will either have to buy or make a truing stand for final assembly or take them somewhere to get trued. I've got it close but not 40 mph close.
as good as you are at fabrication work , iam sure you would have no problem building your own truing stand , after all its basically just a fork with adjustable plates :wink: you could even make a high precision one by adding a dial indicator on it
dial_indicator.jpg

Thanks for the vote of confidence OneHorsePower, it looks like harbor freight sells dial indicators for $15.00 so I may go that route. I'm currently working on the tank and don't have any thing worth taking pictures of yet but will post some soon.

Latest posts

Back