Another lucky find... 1985 Mongoose

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I just found the "brother" bike to the one I picked up not too long ago... Found it at the same resale shop and also was priced unbelievably low 8) so I picked it up. I usually don't come across old bmx stuff so it is nice for a change.

Here is the 1984 Blue Max that I picked up a couple weeks back: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=61806

And here is the 1985 Mongoose that I picked up today:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

The Blue Max is pretty much complete and great condition but this Mongoose is a little worse but will clean up just fine... The only drawbacks is that the original rear wheel was swapped out for a cheap coaster brake wheel and it is missing the hand brakes/calipers. My guess is that it came from the same family, maybe brothers at the resale shop because they are almost the same bike and age. Any info would be awesome because I don't know tons about old school bmx stuff other then what I research online. Just not sure if this one is more rare then others but either way couldn't pass it up :lol:

The rims are Mongoose Pro Class rims that you need. Would look cool with a pair of yellow Skyway mags also. Match the decals nicely. Those pro class wheels are pretty cool too. I have a Freestyle Mongoose with them. :D

Here is a picture of mine. :D

efb6c99b.jpg

yeah too bad i don't have the rear rim too :(

here is the frame decal... is there any way to make these look better after i polish the frame???

kjhlkjn.jpg

With new ones? I know you were asking to try and save them but I think those are gone. I could be wrong but... I guess you gotta decide if at the end of the day you want it survivor lookin or pristine lookin ~ I just got an 83 expert tonight. Bout to post a few shots. I'll wager I paid a little more than you! Oh and the Blue Max, I remember when those all started showing up on Base in 83-84. I thought they were from another planet, another rich planet where I would never be visiting!

I saw a couple loose wheels for sale on the bay and BMXM :D

Latest posts

Back