Another Newbie from Michigan

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been lurking for a few days and decided to join. I haven't built a Rat Rod in years. My friends and I use to find them in the garbage and yard sales and we would make BMX bikes and Rat Rods out of them. We use to call the Rat Rods(Hot Rods). My last Hot Rod was built about a year before I started to drive and I gave it to a kid down the street after I got my license. It was pretty cool a garbage day find. A Schwinn that was already flat black with Ape hangers an old Schwinn S seat that might have been Blue and White but now looked Black and white and hard tires. I took it home put on the rims and tires off my old Skipper Columbia and was rolling for a good year on it. Man do I miss that bike. I got a few projects now one is a girls bike that I want to do for my little girl and one that I found to do for myself. What I really want to do is learn to build Choppers and stuff so if anyone is willing to teach I am willing to learn

Charlie

Welcome Charlie...I looked at your profile and noticed you were a wrestling coach. My little bro, Coach J (who is on this site) is the wrestling coach at the HS we graduated from.

jeff

welcome from Kalamazoo!
west-siiiiiiiide!!!!!!
:lol:

Welcome to the place Charlie. If you are looking for rides in the area I highly recommend planning on coming to the Hamilton Ontario ride. Last year was a riot and this year not only do we have the great John Brain making an appearance, we have all the way from West Palm Beach Florida the one and only KennyP!

There will be three days of cruising and a buffet of fun and games down near the beach. It's worth the trip! Almost all of the FreakBike Milita - Great Lakes members are going. We are having Pixie side hack races this year!

Aside from that there is the Ann Arbor bike show every April that we will be going to next year for sure. There is also the Woodward dream cruise this August, but nothing is ironed out for that. Keep an eye on the 'Bike Events' thread. We are always doing stuff and we will post it there.

Welcome again!

What Bud said welcome aboard....and do try to make Hamilton...gonna be tons of fun....also members from FBM Montreal and FBM-Rockiesare gonna be in attendance now if we could FBM-twisted spokes we would have representation from the majority of the chapters...new zealand is a little to far....lol

Man, everytime I blink there's more Michiganders here! Go figure, it's not like any of us have jobs to go to or anything. With some of the highest gas prices in the nation, we need our bikes more than ever...
O.K. sorry for the "Debbie Downer" bit...

We are some bad mofos here in the Mitten & the sooner the rest of the U. S. & A. recognizes, the better!!! Orange County WHO? West Coast WHAT?
How far north, anyways? This weekend, there's a trad/rat rod car show in Hamtramck...I'll post on that in a seperate thread. Besides the Woodward Cruise, there's also Billetproof & in my backyard, the Telegraph Cruise (not to be underestimated)

Latest posts

Back