Any advice on an old school looking helmet?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can put flakes on about anything and make it look old school...I guess it just depends on what kind of old school you're goin for lol :wink: this is a bucket that it did for a charity auction back in the fall. I did it to replicate one that my dad had back in the 70s. I have a Convertible Red brand helmet that has removable ear pads/warmers that I wear snowboarding, at the skatepark and on my 2 whiller

photo-111.jpg

I have a genuine, real deal, old style 'porridge pot' motorcycle helmet for stylin', but some of the MC 'half helmets' will do about as well, though most are heavier than bicycle helmets they are much stronger. The polycarbonit (sp?) shell will probably be the lightest. The skateboard helmets are looking pretty good too.
I just cant see covering one in Harris Tweed for riding my English bikes though........

im with jgoodwill....flakes will help anything look60s-70s....but if you cant or dont want to shoot them(wheres the fun in that!) biltwell sells a bucket thats already flaked and you could send it my way for some candy,pearls,graphics,lines and final clear :wink:

Latest posts

Back