any kayak fisherman here?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not a fisherman, but just bought a kayak last monday. fun. that night i was paddling, and there was a dude with a pedal kayak fishing. first i had seen of a pedal kayak. i was a bit envious.

I sold my kayak to help fund my new mountain bike. Whilst it was fitted with a rod holder, the rod holder was positioned where you could hardly reach it when on the water! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Yes I am and canoe too. I use a Pungo 120 because of it's large cockpit. Also I use a Old Town kayak paddle holder. I'm not sure if they still have them but they are the kind that uses a bungy cord and keeps the paddle pararell with the boat. For fishing in tight places I use a beavertail canoe paddle. This an old short shaft one from Old Town made from cedar I believe. It is easy on the upper body and quiet and can be sculled with one hand while your other hand is fishing. A pear grip on the the shaft doesn't get caught on your lines and branches. If you fly fish you may want to use a half skirt (on the large cockpit models) so you can dump your line on it and it also pushes foward to get at your gear.
This can go on but not today. You can spend a lot of money on a "fish killing" kayak but I don't think you you need to, I mean the kayak doesn't catch the fish you do.

GL

............the Striper Bass are running. Big Blues are too........................

Latest posts

Back