Any Members BMX Distance Jump ? How Far... What Bike ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My record jump was over 37 feet on a modified Yamaha Moto-Bike.
With all Kawasaki BX200 parts. Front Forks, Rear Shocks, and Seat. On a 3 story Mall exit ramp. On a 12 foot wood ladder with Plywood. Broke my pedal crank and messed up my foot pretty bad on the pavement...

Was this in the 80's? or something current. Would love to see pictures.

Sorry Clancy... No Pics... We were just a bunch of kids in the mid 70's riding our bikes in a closed Mall parking lot on Sunday. We heel toed the distance to be a little over 37 feet. Behind *Iverson Mall* in Hillcrest Heights Maryland. I was a "Greaser" at the time. Just like in the movie "The Outsiders" :cool2:

We "aquired" the ladder & plywood from a backyard... "We were little Hoodlums" lol. I put the ladder across the chain at the bottom of the exit ramp. And, laid the plywood on top of it. All I could see was the bottom and top of the ladder as a guide. It was some scary stuff. But, I was an experienced jumper. "One of the Best"

At that time period...

But, too lazy for BMX

LOL, I've made some pretty large gaps on my mountain bike, but as puberty hit and I got over 6' the BMX bike didnt fit me too well. :D

LOL, I've made some pretty large gaps on my mountain bike, but as puberty hit and I got over 6' the BMX bike didnt fit me too well. :D

I rode mine until my knees started hitting the handlebars... And, I could pedal no more... If I was Jockey size, I'd still be Jumping. "Kinda like riding a Bike"
You never forget how... lol

This bike is very close to my 70's jump bike. But, mine was black. And, I hacksawed the U tail off...:eek:
100_3816_zps4b84cdec.jpg

Last edited:
I can still ride my Kawasaki at 6 foot 300 pounds.
000_0007_zps85b9ae6d.jpg

But, not my Yamaha... :(
000_0004_zpsfwcrsnla.jpg

Cool story. I think.my record was about 18 ft. Barrel on its side with plywood via a stingray. Also mid 70s. No hill for speed just a flat south Florida street.

I once jumped about 3-4' off the high pedal in order not to join my atb on it's 30' cliff dive. :crazy: Not exactly what you meant I suppose. :grin:
I doubt I would make it nowadays.
oldman.gif

Well, 30' gaps on the mountain bike amuse me, but as far as BMX I once rolled one off a garage roof onto a pile mattresses thinking it would be awesome! Broke a pedal off, folded the bars, fork...it was certainly not awesome. Ahhhh, growing up in the 80's.

Latest posts

Back