any shooters in the group??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pistol shoot at every opportunity I get. Primarily S&W equipment with some specialty Walther sprinkled in to keep things spicy

I've run a few indoor and outdoor competitions. Tried 3 gun once, failed miserably

I started pistol shooting late last year. I picked up a used Rock Island 1911, .45 caliber. I love taking that thing out at the range.

I also have an old mossberg 500 that I added a rail to for a scope and occasional red dot sight and started shooting slugs thru it at the range. That’s a whole new set of fun times.

Never tried a competition though, they do sound fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started pistol shooting late last year. I picked up a used Rock Island 1911, .45 caliber. I love taking that thing out at the range.

I also have an old mossberg 500 that I added a rail to for a scope and occasional red dot sight and started shooting slugs thru it at the range. That’s a whole new set of fun times.

Never tried a competition though, they do sound fun.

I've got a Wilson 1911, but sadly it's a safe queen mostly. Love that thing

Organizing files recently and found this from around 1994:
rockinak.jpg

I didn't have it for very long, preferring my Mini 14 Ranch Rifle over it. Kalashnikovs always seemed too cramped for me.

Currently have a Glock 20...wife has an FN-9. I have the Winchester 30-30 that I got my first deer with when I was 13, and an old Springfield 1903A3 with a sport oriented (not military) stock. As a youth I had a bunch of rifles and a few pistols...in the military I started getting big pistols (several .44s and a .50AE). Over time, they were gradually traded off for cars, trucks and motorcycles. I like firearms...I just like vehicles more :grin:.

In 2006, 5 friends went to South Dakota...prairie dogs. We shot on Indian land. We brought 12,000 rounds. After 2.5 days of shooting, we came home with about 350 rounds left. Never will forget that trip.
2016-12-03 14.48.42.jpg
2016-12-03 14.48.42.jpg

As a very young kid, living in Idaho...as a family we would set up hay bales as rests at the edge of farmer fields (by request/permission of the farmers) to shoot prairie dogs. I would get a bounty per...hired killer at the age of five!

Last edited:
Took my Beretta Model 70 out for a few rounds yesterday. It was like I had only been shooting it last week, even double-tapping an 8" metal disc offhand at 25 yards. Yeah, it's only a .22 LR but I can dot eyes with it. Some Rambowannabees with Glocks next to me seemed mystified. My mentor Father Farnum would have been proud.

Took my Beretta Model 70 out for a few rounds yesterday. It was like I had only been shooting it last week, even double-tapping an 8" metal disc offhand at 25 yards. Yeah, it's only a .22 LR but I can dot eyes with it. Some Rambowannabees with Glocks next to me seemed mystified. My mentor Father Farnum would have been proud.

Nice! I’m looking for a nice little .22 rifle and handgun. Plinking is fun!

I got a free little Stack-On case from the craigslist, I built a few racks and lined it up with felt.

It went from an okay case to perfect for my needs. Even they in some led lights with sensors.

For now it works perfect.

c56a88a793cc99fa6fb186c5f5ceb179.jpg

0bf466eea79279eae8675cbe4d1c3e7e.jpg

95fe810e9172cf80be9bb18dd48f71c7.jpg

I've got two of those. :thumbsup:

Nice! I’m looking for a nice little .22 rifle and handgun. Plinking is fun!

Bought the wife this youth model Crickett .22. Desert tan and stainless for $147 at Walmart. It was a special order, the first one the clerk ever did. lol. Pretty painless process.
Super nice and a tack driver, for open sights. The peep hole rear sight makes it easy to be accurate, even for me at 6'3". Child to adult, can't recommend it enough.
185577.jpg

Last edited:
I got a free little Stack-On case from the craigslist, I built a few racks and lined it up with felt.

It went from an okay case to perfect for my needs. Even they in some led lights with sensors.

For now it works perfect.

c56a88a793cc99fa6fb186c5f5ceb179.jpg

0bf466eea79279eae8675cbe4d1c3e7e.jpg

95fe810e9172cf80be9bb18dd48f71c7.jpg

How did you attach the felt to the metal cabinet? I want to attach some left over outdoor carpet to the inside of mine.

Last edited:
Bought the wife this youth model Crickett .22. Desert tan and stainless for $147 at Walmart. It was a special order, the first one the clerk ever did. lol. Pretty painless process.
Super nice and a tack driver, for open sights. The peep hole rear sight makes it easy to be accurate, even for me at 6'3". Child to adult, can't recommend it enough.View attachment 127604

I've got a Cricket in the safe as well. Fun little piece

My kids spend all their time with Mossberg 702's. Cheap as can be and great little semi autos for them to rattle through a brick of ammo

How did you attach the felt to the metal cabinet? I want to attach some left over outdoor carpet to the inside of mine.

I’ll look into the Cricket, gotta see if it’s even allowed in California first!
For the upholstery I used 3M Suoer 77 multipurpose adhesive. But any headliner/upholstery spray glue should work.

be12f5411bb26a21e0c8d61a3ceb680d.jpg

Latest posts

Back