Anyone tried these "Thousand Heritage" helmets?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking for a retro/vintage styled helmet that met safety standards and stumbled upon these guys. Old school helmet style, with leather straps and a hole to lock it to your bike. Plus a variety of colours.

https://www.explorethousand.com/products/bike-helmet

Pretty cool looking, but to me, it looks like it needs more venting. They mention the 7 channels in the copy, but without "air exchange" styling, I question it's efficiency. My noggin sweats like crazy though, so...

My son and daughter-in-law, who are all about the look, wears theirs year round in NYC. His is "Stay Gold" and hers is "Rose Gold." They have no complaints about heat. I had told him before that his helmet reminded me of the helmets that drivers of Indie cars and midgets used to wear back in the day.

I’ve been using one for a couple weeks, I really like the adjustment wheel on it. The magnetic clip is AWESOME. It seems like a legit helmet so far.
image.jpg

I like the look. I've been looking at similar vintage-style moped helmets for the electric bike. They also seem like they'd be of better use protection-wise than the usual recycled coffee cups.

I love mine. I was also going for the retro look while riding my Felt ebike.
Yeah, I think it looks like an old Steve McQueen racing helmet too but I have gotten the equestrian comments also.
Seriously, it's a good helmet. Do some research.

Seems I'm gonna have to get one, lol. I even found a place here in Canada selling them. I'm probably gonna get the black on black, but I kinda like the titanium colour too.

They lost me at "vegan leather"...Cool helmet, but I'm not looking to eat it. :D

My wife has one. It's really nice.

Better for a round head though, rather than a bean head like myself. Otherwise I'd have one too. In Gold.

@Skipton Has one with custom racing stripes.

Just got a new one for Christmas. New stripes (makes you 3 MPH faster) and painted the bronze visor white to match. .. excuse the mess
2411B53D-F3EB-4235-ACB7-68F140F62734.jpeg
Great light weight helmet. Never feels too hot to me.

Latest posts

Back