Anyone used chrome spray paint?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wondering if anyone has, and if any one brand was better than another, and if anyone has pics of their results.
Thanks, Mike

I've only used it to touch up, say for example, if I weld on a set of chrome handlebars, I'll spray the weld area. You need to use it very, very sparingly, as it's thin, and runs easily. It works okay, but not great. It usually looks more like silver, not shiny, like chrome.

Are there any better ideas for chrome? Anybody tried the electroplating kits I see advertised sometimes? Or if 1/2 chrome piece is rusted will muriatic acid bath make all rust even? I did see the thread about using aluminum foil.
Did not know if to start a new thread but this seemed to be same topic. Sorry if I am wrong.

I have tried several different "chrome" paints and I have yet to find one that I think is even ok.
Like Deven said, they all appear to be silver.
Last year for the build off I built a bare metal bike and polished everything and was pretty surprised with the results, I was able to make it look like chrome. Since then I have been polishing all sorts of stuff with chrome loss. I have even taken bars, fenders and such and just polished the areas where the chrome was gone and if you didn't study it from 6" away you would never know.
Here's some of the pictures of my build off bike...(very little is chrome, almost everything is polished steel).

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg