Anything goes "Muscle-Bike-Build-Off 01"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anything goes "Muscle-Bike-Build-Off" Build thread.

That is pretty sick Jake, don't hold anything back :) You might have to place a small wire brace in there, but that is out there for sure!!!

Terry, that rim is completely something else, that is loaded with metal flake! Nice Job!

Handlebars done, seat brace started. It's starting to snow, cold and windy... I'm calling it in early. Hopefully tomorrow is better weather I'll finish the front dropouts and than do some work on the seat pan.
musclebikeseathandlebars_zps648dce42.jpg

Kudos to you guys, I am honestly impressed with what you guys are coming up with!

Rich

Wow! Looking good Jake! I dont know what it will be like to ride, but it sure does look cool! :mrgreen:
Love the bars Rich! Hope the weather improves for you! :wink:

Luke.

I just noticed that the RRBO8 has an anything goes category... cool deal, I was under the impression that they were only going to have a category for stock builders. I would have mentioned this over there but the thread was closed. I might put together some plans for another build, I have a couple ideas for a few other bikes that I want to build, this might be a good place to do another build...

I did not where to post this :) so why not here in the anything goes buildoff thread hehehe' :mrgreen:
I'm not planning on being competitive, but it should be fun anyway

Rich

RichL said:
I just noticed that the RRBO8 has an anything goes category... I might put together some plans for another build, I have a couple ideas for a few other bikes that I want to build, this might be a good place to do another build...

Rich

Yeah Rich, go for it! I'm not planning on entering myself as it is bad timing for me, so if you need someone to bounce ideas off or whatever let me know! I'm not sure that I would be much help, but I can try! :wink:

Jake, I hope you can get a video of you riding your bike, it is going to be awesome! :mrgreen:

Got some work done on my bike today, not much but it is progress... Started on the sissy bar, got it together enough for a scoot around the yard, seems well balanced and should be huge fun to ride, tracks and changes direction really well. Hoping to get some cranks and a chain on it tomorrow and go for a real ride.

DSC00260 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
RichL said:
I just noticed that the RRBO8 has an anything goes category... I might put together some plans for another build, I have a couple ideas for a few other bikes that I want to build, this might be a good place to do another build...

Rich

Yeah Rich, go for it! I'm not planning on entering myself as it is bad timing for me, so if you need someone to bounce ideas off or whatever let me know! I'm not sure that I would be much help, but I can try! :wink:

Jake, I hope you can get a video of you riding your bike, it is going to be awesome! :mrgreen:

Got some work done on my bike today, not much but it is progress... Started on the sissy bar, got it together enough for a scoot around the yard, seems well balanced and should be huge fun to ride, tracks and changes direction really well. Hoping to get some cranks and a chain on it tomorrow and go for a real ride.

DSC00260 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

Luke.

wow thats sick! man you gotta rake the forks though!!!

Dang! I go out to dinner and come back to sweeeet updates! Rich those bars look awsome! It's the rug that ties the room together, man! :lol: :lol:

I'm excited to see the cranks on yours Luke. It's gonna be one sweet ride.

oleskool said:
wow thats sick! man you gotta rake the forks though!!!
You know you are not the first to say that! The photo is decieving though, if you take the handlebars off in your mind you will see there is some rake there, just the extended handlebars decieve the eye a little...
I was going for long/raked out forks originally but I figured I wanted this one to be quick turning and track straight, like a little race bike. I have big FatBob for cruising... :wink:

Cant wait to go for a ride... :mrgreen:

Luke.

Weather sucks, it's raining. I should have moved the bike into the garage yesterday, I could have gotten some of the work done today... not much room to move around when the bike is setup in there.

Luke... I probably will not enter myself, my next build will be another basic one. There are alot of very talented designer/builder on this forum :) I am not one of them hehehe.

Luke your bike is looking spot on! If ya can, get a movie clip of you riding that!
Jake, same for you, I'd like to see what it looks like you riding your bike!

Gotta find something todo.

Rich

RichL said:
Luke your bike is looking spot on! If ya can, get a movie clip of you riding that!

Rich
I plan to get a video when it is done, hopefully going to teach myself to do wheelies for the clip... May have to add a wheelie bar for me to get there, never been good a bike tricks, can't even bunny hop...

It does seem to be well balanced for wheelies, better than any other bike I have had, must be something to do with 80% of the weight being in the rear wheel!

Luke.

Oh boy its gonna be difficult to vote. I think I will need judge sheet to help me voting. :D :D good job guys!!!

Is it too late to join in? I finally got some bits together and made a start, but thought I'd better get the ok before posting. :)

Hey Glen! Welcome aboard!
Just checking that you realise there is only 2 weeks left to build? Not much time... :mrgreen: More power to you if you can do it!
Looking forward to your updates!

Luke.

gotta say those bikes are looking NICE

ill never be over how superfly-lowrider that back wheel is

you all make me wish I could weld :p

feeblington said:
gotta say those bikes are looking NICE

ill never be over how superfly-lowrider that back wheel is

you all make me wish I could weld :p

All these bikes really are amazing, really impressed with all of them, I think the voting is going to be really interesting!

Welding is a good skill to learn, a night course at a tech school or something might be worth chasing up if you are serious about it. :wink:

Glad you like the wheel, I have been working on the aero disc cover designs and other stickers today, be interesting to see how it comes out...

Luke.

Finally, seat pan all roughed out, dropouts cut and tacked in. Unfortunately the bike blew over with a strong gust of wind and that took out the tacked together handlebars... :roll: Bottom bracket, tire and tube over the next 2-3 days. Than it will be a roller :mrgreen:

After I get all the pieces together and tacked, than and only than I am going to weld this thing together... probably take a couple of days to sand and die grind... I am hoping I will be able to get some paint on her... else she might be naked :) Tire and rim strip should be here tomorrow... The journey is nearing the end, less than 2 weeks to go!

musclebikeseatpanfrontdropouts_zps9487480b.jpg

Yea, I think everyone did great on this one, I have liked all the bikes I have seen for various reasons... I am not here for winning, just the chance to put together a cool bike, I can see myself using this instead of the MTB for local stints, so for me, I've already won :mrgreen: ...

Rich

Latest posts

Back