ANYTHING GOES - VOTE HERE!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose your three favorite bikes.

• 7. Dirty Rod - oldskool

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • 6. Cubicle Ladder - N8NBOX

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 4. Coffee Beanz - Recycledbikez

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • 5.Coffin Bike - 61smity

• 3. Bluey McBoring - Fidel Rambo

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • 2. Big Wheel 2.0 - Rick 74304

• 1. Angry Tiki - Tommy Two Time

• 12. Evil Ways - Necessary Evil

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • 11. Eddies Boardrat Racer - Gdcast

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • 10. Easy Rider Capt. America Bike - John P. Smith

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • 9. Dragula Deluxe - SSG

• 8. Doctor D's Ascent into Maddness - Dman

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • 13. Fast Enough, After All - BikeriderX

• 14. Gaskills Hop Shop: Inline3 Dead Little Dove - Gaskill

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • 15. Grocery Hauler - Jaba13

• 16. Knuckleduster - No Talent Clown

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • 17. Lightweight Stretch - Philphine

• 18. Long Hauler - Udall Custom Bikes

• 19. Nuclear Wasted - Kuttnhack

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • 20. Poormans Truck - Rnchoppers

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • 21. Rat Bobber - Baalberry

• 22. Rat"el Snake Rust - Bobstar

• 23. Ride The Lightning - Bicycleguy

• 24. Rollin Rusty - MarksA-C

• 25. Salt Fats - Hillsmith

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • 26. Slamschwinnrito - Cut-um-up kustoms

• 27. Spring Board - 65Rat

• 28. Suicidal Tendencies - Johnny Razor

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • 29. Tandem Burrito - Nickdaddy

• 30. The Blue Meanie - The Vulture

• 31. The Bobbcycle - Adapt

• 32. The Heart Attack - Uncle Stretch

• 33. The Shadow - Graylock

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • 34. Tour De Fat Bike - pvwacko

• 35. Tour De Frank - Hooch

• 36. WhatHappensWhenYouPutTwoWomenTogetheAndMakeOne - jesusjonz

• 37. Wild Panther - OZ1972

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been thinking about this and have decided to post my votes and reasons in the interests of positive feedback. But please know it was one heck of a difficult decision...

1) As I've mentioned before, Adapt's Bobbcycle is a built-from-scratch frame that just looks sweet from every angle. And it has a motor!

2) Gdcast's Boardrat Racer. What he's built with the "gear" that he's got pretty much epitomises hotrodding I reckon. It really came out looking fantastic.

3) Jesusjonz's creation (despite it's long-winded title! :D ) is just such a neat concept. From design to realisation using existing frame parts in way that hasn't been done before (I think). Brilliantly designed and appears to be as equally well engineered.

Umm, so yeah, they were my picks. But there were a heap of really cool things being attempted in the build-off, top marks to all the entrants!

All honor to Greylock!! That he can hold on in the face of such intense competition!! Go! Go! Go! The original patriot!!

bikeriderx said:
All honor to Greylock!! That he can hold on in the face of such intense competition!! Go! Go! Go! The original patriot!!
You go...you Cape Cod boy!

Well all I have to say is IM HOOKED WHATS NEXT???? This is why I love having fun building and watching and learning because in the end....I have something to show for it. In 30 years from now when the grandkids come over and fine my build in the garage out back Im going to tell them some outrageous story about it. I have a few years to think about it though.
But overall the hardest thing about the whole build off was the voting. Three was no way enough but then again 6 or 9 might not have been either. There was just about every style bike I wanted to build or wished to that when I do get around to them its going to be that much easier due to everyone here.
thanks for the votes yea it made my day....but one would have just the same. But no matter you all got my vote and that I hope to be part of the next build off.
Terry

I rode my "blue meanie" with a wagon trailer 6+ miles today in the rain for a toy drive.
At the raffle before hand I could over-hear other riders mention that it was a build-off bike.
That and the compliments of other build off greats like, Karfer, Sensor, Kuttnhack, and MikeS to name a few, just blows me away.
I stood in the rain with these guys (also Greg66, VintageLove, zoso, Fireproof, N*H*F*F, and olschbp) and so many others.
All build inspirations and role models to me.
my point is, at this time i have 4 votes on the board (even met someone who voted for me today :mrgreen: thanks Kristine!)
you might as well add six zeros to the end of that 4 8) I'll be building and riding these bikes until i can't balance on 2 wheels anymore!
after a day like today, is there really a winner?
votes or no votes, ride with pride! YOU BUILT THAT BIKE........ that's pretty dang cool 8)
thanks you guys and gals-------------Ray

This is so great!
So hard to pick only 3.
Congrats to everybody, you´re not only great designers and builders, you´re also great inspirators.
It´s truly a great honour to be in the same basket with all of you :wink:

Many thanks to all the good advices and encouragement!!! You guys keep me growing and showing me the way!!! :D

Thanx Dman, proud to be ratty! :wink: :D

well uncle stretch... weve been rite together threw this whole build off . we were the first 2 done we had just as many views and replies . and just as meny votes . i feal honored to be here im just glad i got some votes .it made me feal good .. but next build off i know what to do now :lol: i realy want to build a streched cruiser and keep it for my self but i want it realy different but its got to look good to ...this has been a great experience and i hope evey one else had as much fun as i did doing this build off . even though it was my first build off i learnt alot ..its amazeing how so meny different style of bikes were built .i think im going to build a bike i can drive rite to a boat ramp and drive it in the water also :lol: :lol: a real peddle boat :lol: :lol: great job on all the builds :shock: :D :D great job guys a gails :D :D

Incredible build hillsmith. You earned every vote and then some. Congrats. To everyone in the build off, a big thanks. I hope all of you had as much fun and education as I did. I think around 55 or 60 started the build off and 37 finished all with votes and bikes to be proud of. Impressive! I know the ones that had to toss in the towel did it for good reason and I hope they are able to compete and finish in another build off soon. It's a warm and fuzzy feeling that all should experience. Dig it! Best wishes, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and God Bless all of us.

ray i still feel bad if i had a 4th vote u would have been it but it went to a coin toss thats how hard it was for me. but seeing your bike up close blew me away that is a cool lil scoot and will be a contender at bike o rama for sure. oh and something about those who could not finish i know how it goes. durring the first rat bike build off i was taken out when a huge tool box at work fell on my leg and i was out of work for over a month and bed ridden. BUT i came back the next year collected and won with the ratty truck so dont let not finishing a bike on time get you down just think of it as "i have another year to get new ideas." my only gripe about build offs is there are so many great bikes that end up with little votes dont let that get you down either. that is just how it goes and i had an idea from when i used to watch the biker build offs. they would go head to head so we could do some sort of deal where two builders are chosen to go head to head. maybe make a new area call it "grudge match" lol but there are tons of stunning bikes in this group glad i did not enter i dont think i would have had a chance. great job to all and steve for making this all possible. GROUP HUG

Thanks for the votes!! :D I'm honored! What a blast I had putting this bike together. I can't wait for the next one!! Gaskill-you're #1 with me! Graylock-too cool! Hillsmith-WOW! What an honor to be part of all this!! THANKS STEVE !!!! You've made it all possible!

Thanks to all involved, I was suprised to see how unique the buildoff bikes were. I was blown away with alot of the finished bikes seeing things I had never thought of and some new ideas that were created. Thanks for the support, comments and build tips I received during and after the build. In my book we are all winners and the prize is that new bike we have in our garages. Saltfats has been used every day since the buildoff deadline and the wheels are already turning for the next build. Shawn

Saltfats is an incredible build with a flair for the artistic and immense detail. Congratulations hillsmith! There are many of the entrants that deserve accolades, but there can only be one 'Best'. I am continually amazed by the ideas and builds of everyone on this site. So many of you have poured out heart and soul throughout the months leading up to this point, you all deserve a pat on the back for an outstanding job! This site and the people in it are top notch, and I'm honored to be a part of it. Till the next build, see you around... 8)

CONGRATS. TO HILLSMITH MY GIRLFRIEND AND HER DAD LOVED THAT BIKE.RAY YOUR NUCLEAR WASTED BIKE WHAT CAN I SAY YOUR A MADD MAN.DOCTOR D'S ASCENT INTO MADDNESS YOU MADE THAT THING A HOT ROD VERY COOL.SUICIDAL TENDENCIES WHAT A WICKET LOOKING BIKE.AND RAY MY DAUGHTER LOVED SEEING THE BIKE SHE VOTED FOR PULLING A SLED FULL OF TOYS ON THE TOY RUN SUNDAY.CONGRATS TO ALL WHO GOT THERE BIKES DONE.THERE WAS A FLAVOR FOR EVERY ONE IN THIS BUILD OFF. :mrgreen:

Congrats to Hillsmith and Gaskill, nice bikes. Dman your bike is wicked cool. Everyone else, it was a honor to be in this build off with all this talent, there was a lot of nice bikes here that I would love to have.

My humble thanks to the folks on my finished thread like bikeriderx, cody-james, baalberry, Skipton, 2manybikes, rnchoppers, mastronaut, Fireproof, theVULTURE, deorman, nickdaddy, Rodland, nosferatum15115, Gold Street Customs, Gdcast for the remarks they left. Not to mention all that I drove crazy on the build thread. It was all in fun. It made it worth staying on the build for the deadline. My kids thought it was pretty cool ( yeah for dad ) and my wife smiles and rolls her eyes. The dog could care less, he's got his own bike. I can't forget KOTA, he brought me here! To the keeper of this madness, Steve, without his kindness some of us would not be building bikes likes these.

Thanks all,

Graylock

I have been trying to figure out how to vote on this but the forum has been locked since the 7th. I just saw this tonight and its too late for me to cast mine. Oh well, maybe next time. Had I voted in time, I would have chosen Eddies Board Rat Racer, Salt Fats, and Knuckleduster in that order.

My chopper is hanging in the basement for the winter. Definitely a fun project to bust out on the cruiser rides when the spring comes. When is the next build off? I have tons of parts in the attic.

I just want to say congrats to the winners Hillsmith, Gaskill, and Graylock.
And thanks to Mr. Rat Rod for having this untraditional (to this forum) build off.
I had a lot of fun and some great compliments from many of you...
I really think everyone did a great job....can't wait for the next one...

Wow, what a fantastic competition! Congratulation to Hillsmith, Gaskill, and Graylock - all very differing styles and completely deserving winners. Graylock - thanks for the kind words, gotta say I was stoked to see a built-from-scratch machine with attitude and Altitude :!: make the top three! Also, If there was an award for Most Entertaining Build Thread it would surely be yours!

Well done to all the Entrants, you've inspired me to tackle the next regular build-off. Now just gotta track down a decent looking frame - not easy at this end of the planet!

Latest posts

Back