BO15 Apache Drag Bike Lights are on !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve had pretty good luck matching transparent/candy paint before by spraying a silver or gold base on something of a decent size (piece of sheet metal or car body panel works well) and laying down five or six 2” strips of masking tape. I would spray the color, wait 15 - 20 mins, and pull one strip of tape. Spray another coat over both strips, wait 15-20 mins each time in between pulling strips of tape off until I can figure how many coats of candy/mid coat that I needed to match the paint.

Some purple candys actually usually a light blue metallic base. Pontiac engine enamel works well for that and can be found at most parts stores.
That is an excellent method! Thanks for sharing.

I just wasn’t satisfied with the tank being silver even though it was good enough silver tank was not part of my plan . So I mixed blue and purple .
2EAF4F25-F562-42ED-B33D-D24153D0FE95.jpeg

I just wasn’t satisfied with the tank being silver even though it was good enough silver tank was not part of my plan . So I mixed blue and purple .View attachment 120193

Can you explain how you mixed two spray paints and what that doohicky on the bottom is?

Great paint match.

Keep the aqua eyes. They look green and contrast with the purple well.

Can you explain how you mixed two spray paints and what that doohicky on the bottom is?

Great paint match.

Keep the aqua eyes. They look green and contrast with the purple well.
The doohickey on the bottom is the propellant and spray nozzle that screws onto the jar on the left. It's basically a DIY rattlecan.

The doohickey on the bottom is the propellant and spray nozzle that screws onto the jar on the left. It's basically a DIY rattlecan.
I 'd like to see your step-by-step on how you made this DIY spray can.

Just playing around with ideas . I want to make the rear giant light look like a rocket booster but it’s just not the way I want it to look. Kinda looks out of place to me.
I think if it was level and had some fins on it, it might give you more of the look you want.

I think if it was level and had some fins on it, it might give you more of the look you want.
I did try to level the rack . It still doesn’t seem the way I want it to look with the giant light ( I thought I had a pic of the giant light on the rack straightened but I can’t find it) The bike looks like it has two tanks kind off. The chrome exhaust is interesting but also lacking something .
FA7116B3-9C5D-49AB-9517-4BFCB6001C5F.jpeg

DC017802-D6C9-489D-A15A-EAC86EFC6DA5.jpeg

Last edited:
I like the exhaust port. But what about the ports on each side of the rack and flush with the top of the rack?

Back to the spray can doohicky. How do you get the paint from the og cans into the mix bottle without making a HUGE mess?

I like the exhaust port. But what about the ports on each side of the rack and flush with the top of the rack?

Back to the spray can doohicky. How do you get the paint from the og cans into the mix bottle without making a HUGE mess?
I sprayed each can into the doohickey. There’s measurement marks on the bottle so you can tell how much your putting in . It goes in faster than you would think from each can.

Strap the mega light to your back and make an Elroy Jetpack!!!!!

1589329970792.png

Latest posts

Back