ape!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i crept over from the chopperbicycle.net forum... just thought i would say hi... this is a cool site! here is my latest bike. it is my first built from scratch... it needs some adjustments, and paint... home built springer fork using the john brain tutorial...

light.jpg

springs.jpg

DSC02104.jpg

DSC02103.jpg

october

thanks!

yeah, the brain springer is cool, and fairly easy to build. ( it helps if you have a drill press to drill the holes...) i do need to do a little adjusting. i built it following the directions so i could get it together and get it working on a bike... the next one i build i will stray from the plans, and design my own version.

i started off modifying dump bikes, then moved towards making my own from scratch.

i am definitely inspired by the bikes on here though, and have some dump bikes that would be good rats...

where do you guys usually get your apes, springers, cruiser seats and other parts from?

thanks,
october

october said:
thanks!

yeah, the brain springer is cool, and fairly easy to build. ( it helps if you have a drill press to drill the holes...) i do need to do a little adjusting. i built it following the directions so i could get it together and get it working on a bike... the next one i build i will stray from the plans, and design my own version.

i started off modifying dump bikes, then moved towards making my own from scratch.

i am definitely inspired by the bikes on here though, and have some dump bikes that would be good rats...

where do you guys usually get your apes, springers, cruiser seats and other parts from?

thanks,
october

The Dump.
least that's where I get most my stuff...
:D

cman said:
Nice bike, I wish I could fabricate like that.

you can!

i dont have much for tools, and i learned to weld from practice and reading books...

i started out using a crappy, borrowed craftsman arc welder...

you can learn too...

these are the tools i used to make this bike:

1. a welder... ( i have a mig, but an arc welder will do the job... borrow one or buy a cheap or used one and practice!)

2. drill press (a regular drill will work as well)

3. angle grinder (with an assortment of discs, you can grind, cut and shape metal)

4. tape measure

besides the proper safety gear, and some basic hand tools, that's it...

oct.

wheres that tutorial cuz those are the exact forks im looking to build, slightly dfferent, but same idear.

do you have a close up of the bottom part of the forks? IE where did you get tubing that crimped like that at the bottom?

Latest posts

Back