Arachnid

My spider bike! Started building it about 2 weeks ago. Hope I'm not to late to enter!

From scratch with the idea of a long low cruiser that I wouldn't mind getting a little scratched up.

So I'm sure you can see the bike is VERY low, a little too low! So low that when the suspension travels the front of the bike hits the ground. (live and learn) I was given a few ideas to try and this is one of them. Looks like it's going to work! If not I could always pick up some 29 inch wheels and then I'd be set!

More to come!!!

Great stance!
Is that one of those dog chew toys you used as a spring. I've seen that idea before and think it is pretty slick.
Yes sir! I put the spring inside (not easy) and that gave me a stiffer front and moved the fork out a little. Gave me just what I needed!
Now I have room to put a Magnesium block under the bike for a spark effect!
I'll have video of that! lol

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
Spider added, still need to make another one for the other side. The chain is just about 2 whole chains so I may need to do something about the sagging.

Thanks for looking. Still a little more to do!
Love the spider art! You'll need a red suit and web shooter to ride this bike...

Reactions: CBURKE
Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
Spider added, still need to make another one for the other side. The chain is just about 2 whole chains so I may need to do something about the sagging.

Thanks for looking. Still a little more to do!
Just wondering if you could mount a chain guide or tensioner off the seat tube or your lowest tube to keep the chain in line and provide some relief from the sag...? Maybe a couple of small pulley wheels brazed to a mount of some kind?

Reactions: CBURKE