Are there any toy collectors around here? STADIUM CHECKERS!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I have tons of old toys going back to the 60s I'm selling off. I've got too many. There is Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Kenner SSP, slot car sets, and all sorts of goodies. If anyone here collects these things, let me know and I'll post them up.

Re: Are there any toy collectors around here?

I collect HotWheels, Johnny Lightnings, etc. :wink:

I collect anything 1:18 scale, and any size muscle car or 50's classic. And any size VW.

Hey Parts,Post up some pics.

I'll take a blue SSP Superbird if ya got one.

PM me

the toy i liked the most from the 60s
zor2.jpg

Ok, FINALLY! Here are some of the toys:

Hot Wheels Loco-Motion track set from 1975. Fair condition, it has had some repairs to the bottom half of the curve. One of the two short tracks was missing and reconstructed from an original long piece of track. The only real negatives is the missing paperwork, car, and the mushed up foam on the launcher. $10 plus shipping and I know I'm taking a loss, but I made another toy survive.
2055.jpg

RARE 1978 Hot Wheels Thundershift Roarin' Raceway. The launcher and BOTH sound boxes still work, all track is there, no cracks or breaks, has the instructions, warranty card, and the sign from the grandstand/tunnel (wish I had the rest!). $40 plus shipping. I would keep this one, but...see my last pic, I've got every variant of this set and no more space! PENDING!
2057.jpg

I've only been collecting hot wheels for 11 years...HONEST! The Roarin' Raceway in my personal collection has every part, every cardboard piece and it took a lot of cash and time to get them all and from various sets. I've never seen another. Its a mess, if anybody wants the horns, they are from a '65 Galaxie 500. Want the radio? Its for sale too! What a mess!
2056.jpg

Ahh, here is a classic! Handheld Football! This is not the common Mattel game, this is a bit interesting. Made by V-Tech in 1987, the battery compartment was restored and the circuit board cleaned, and I have lots of pics of the process. Works great! Two player game that is lots of fun, but I'm still figuring it out, seeing as how I've been the only one playing a two-player game. LOL! $10 plus shipping, hoping it goes to a good home.
2048.jpg

This next toy will have you guys hearing the Bee Gees. Stayin' Alive! Customized 70's Dodge Tradesman van, missing one door otherwise great! Not really sure what to ask for this piece, I kinda like it. I'm thinking $10 plus shipping. SOLD!
2049.jpg

2050.jpg

An odd ball Strombecker truck. It has three black tires, and one grey tire. $5 plus shipping.
2051.jpg

Now, I've got more, lots more, but I've got to get some sleep.

Now I've dug these two out...

1970s Chevy truck with opening tail gate. $5 plus shipping SOLD!
IMG_0161-1.jpg

IMG_0162-1.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

Ker-Plunk anyone? Uncommon box art on this one, nice for a collection or just to play! $10 plus shipping.
2100.jpg

Have any flip top funny car Hot Wheels?
I like Hot Wheels! :mrgreen:

hotwheels.jpg

Well...a bit of bad news. My sump pump burned out last night. We replaced it and then a pipe coming from it burst and everything on the floor in that room got hosed down. Antique Christmas lights, some hard to find, and most still in the box; A Super Nintendo with several games, including the very rare Super Mario RPG; boxes of old toys I was going to post soon, including two kenner SSP cars and a SSP from Burger Chef with the original key. All washed up. The SNES was near the door so mainly the box I had it in was ruined, I had my brother working on drying it and I'm told it wasn't too bad. I'll find out when I test it all again. The toys all survived, the Christmas stuff MIGHT have, I'll have to see how they dry out, they got a direct hit really. It just wasn't a good night for me.

Luckily, the slot car sets didn't get hit. I have a 1989 TYCO Batman set, circa 1969 Aurora Thunderjet set no. 1976, and a mid 70's Thunderjet/AFX transitional set. There was also an N-Scale vinyl train set case that was missed.

If I showed pics of my old HotWheels collection before we moved you guys would freak. Collecting for 11 years and I may have slowed, but I haven't stopped. But keeping it packed up does have an effect on how I buy and does kill a lot of impulses I used to get.

That really stinks!!!! Hope some dry out alright.
I hear you on the impulses, that pic of my HW cars was only one wall in the garage, the otherside the same and boxes in the attic and bedroom. WHY? Why do we do this?
It is kinda silly, they just sit there. :roll:
I started around 1996 and went stupid for awhile. Now I just collect Funny car and Purple Passion variations. Things just got so expensive, when I started thinking 25 bucks for a Hot Wheel car was not a bad deal, I had to readjust my thinking. Got it undercontrol, now the minibike thing has taken over...at least you can ride those!! LOL

When I was at my collecting peak, about when I was 14 in 2007, I spent $42.00 on a mint Spectraflame Aqua Mutt Mobile. I would be lucky to get that for it now, I might get $20 for it IF I was lucky. I was also scoring redlines at yard sales too for awhile there. first, a blue cougar for .25 cents, then a near mint geen Barracuda for .25 cents, then a beat up Ford J-Car for .10 cents (traded to a restorer, got a T-Hunt out of it :mrgreen:). After that, no more redlines in town. For years I was the KING of yardsale BW scores; especially during my town's community wide sale. I hit a dry spell for quite some time, then I had some luck this past year. I bought a childhood collection from the 80s, some I'll keep, most is for sale. I also had the chance to buy some Redlines again, but they all were torn up and I can tell I would have to pay about $5-$10 each for them as they were sentimental and not really for sale, just show. I did buy a nice Flat Out 442 nd a tanker of the guy though.

Yeah I can understand that, at my peak I had a boatload of 1:18 scale cars and trucks, Had a custom built 3 tier 12" wide shelf running all the way around my room and had them all lined up door to door the whole way. I have sold many of them but still have a few. Most of what I have left are not mint and some are modified to look like the cars I have owned over the years. (cinnamon and super glue simulate rust rather well) Kinda a reminder of better days when I had money to play with. :roll: Now if I can find a 1:18 scale '81 VW Rabbit MK1 convertible. :mrgreen:

Ok, so I got my college work done and I got to clean up some of the mess and RE-TEST some of these items. The good news is that the SNES and all games survived and so far, the only casualty with my antique christmas lights was a NOMA bubble light that got broken carrying stuff out of the room the other day. I can't take any good pics of stuff, the basement floor is an absolute mess with numerous items strewn about. So I have to clean this up or I'm not able to sell.

It could have been MUCH worse. Like the time this past spring when we had endless rain, day after day, for several days, I think it lasted two weeks! The sump pump was working double time when a rock jammed it one night. Well, we had nothing on the floor in that room at the time, but that water and spread out and was just INCHES from my Hot Wheels collection that was still packed up! I was supposed to come in early from some Chemistry help that morning...needless to say I was late again. I think my heart skipped a beat that day!

Just a thought, is there any way to run two sump pumps simultaneously? That way if one should fail the other would take over, also decreasing the load on the single pump.

Here is stuff I had in other places. For some reason, I forgot to post it here.

This is a part for a Hubley Bell Telephone truck. A very scarce part for that toy restoration! Only $15 plus shipping.
2054.jpg

1970s style Chevrolet pickup turck with opening tail gate. I'm really shocked a toy like this survived in this condition for 35 years, most probably ended up in the trash after about a year or two, and here is one of these cheap old trucks in 2011. $10 plus shipping.
2052.jpg

2053.jpg

Old 90s cars, both limited editions, only $5 each!
IMG_00332.jpg

All only $1 each plus shipping
Majorette cars
006-5-1.jpg

Buddy L and Tootsietoys
014-6.jpg

The little orange Tootsietoy is a really old Honda Civic-unique!
016-3.jpg

Corvette is a '63 Split-Window, blue car looks like a Lamborghini Countach.
018-2.jpg

MATCHBOX: $1 each plus shipping
First pic COSMIC BLUES SOLD
003-10.jpg

Second pic FERRARI, FIREBIRD, WHITE BLAZER SOLD
006-2.jpg

And last for tonight's toy collectors, feast your eyes upon this set of four G.I. Joe 45 records. All records play just fine and the books are intact. My dad had one of these as a kid. I was hoping to get $45 plus shipping for all of them.
GIJoe.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
Just a thought, is there any way to run two sump pumps simultaneously? That way if one should fail the other would take over, also decreasing the load on the single pump.

I'm sure there is, but then you run into a ton of work to make the hole bigger and change the plumbing, etc. This pump broke because it was replaced shortly before we bought the house and it was replaced with a cheap, all plastic, bargain barrel pump. Typical results to expect from somebody who RENTED the house out before. I swear, landlords can be the cheapest people out there. I know this because the duplex we moved out of was owned by the very guy who owned this house. I think this guy has a monopoly on all rental property in my town. The pipe bursting would do no good with a second pump, matter of fact, it would make it worse.

Here are pics what the basement pretty much looks like now sinc everything was dragged out. It was worse when we had wet boxes everywhere. Oh, and my worst fear has come true..that smell of wet cardboard? Well...it was turned to MOLD smell. PERFECT. We have family coming up for my Eagle Scout Ceremony and the last thing I want them to smell is THAT. So guess who is scrubbing floors with bleach tomorrow? FROM NOW ON, I WILL BUY PLASTIC CONTAINERS FOR EVERYTHING!
2014.jpg

2015.jpg

2016.jpg

2017.jpg

2018.jpg

2019.jpg

Pictured is a SEGA Dreamcast, Genesis 3, and Game Gear with accessory case:
2020.jpg

2021.jpg

2022.jpg

The top shelf was pretty much unaffected.
2023.jpg

2024.jpg

2025.jpg

2026.jpg

The wall:
2027.jpg

2028.jpg

Since I've exposed my mess to you all and to the world, I might as well show you my "Doctor's Office". The place for all broken toys in need of repair. The patients keep lining up, I'm so busy. Why it looks like Obamacare! :lol:
Last in line:
2029.jpg

There got to be so many, I had to start labeling what needed fixed:
2030.jpg

2034.jpg

2033.jpg

I also do Hot Wheels customs here during the winter and this what happens to stripped out parts cars-MUAHAHAHAHA!
2032.jpg

2031.jpg

partsguy said:
outskirtscustoms said:

I'm sure there is, but then you run into a ton of work to make the hole bigger and change the plumbing, etc. This pump broke because it was replaced shortly before we bought the house and it was replaced with a cheap, all plastic, bargain barrel pump. Typical results to expect from somebody who RENTED the house out before. I swear, landlords can be the cheapest people out there. I know this because the duplex we moved out of was owned by the very guy who owned this house. I think this guy has a monopoly on all rental property in my town. The pipe bursting would do no good with a second pump, matter of fact, it would make it worse.

Ah, well it sounded good in my head. :lol:

outskirtscustoms said:
partsguy said:
outskirtscustoms said:

Ah, well it sounded good in my head. :lol:

I have a lot of ideas in my head, but then they ever work out as I thought they would. :lol:

Latest posts

Back