ARISE! Sir Loin of Beef

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful build.......very classy looking!

Thanks everyone. This site and the bike nuts on it are a great source of ideas, resources and inspiration.

Heavy Pedal, yeah the bird was very cooperative during the shoot.

Bendix, I drive by most of those photo locations every day on my way to work. While the number of hills here in my area make single speed cruiser riding very limited (no scene at all to speak of) the scenery is cool for riding a multispeed. The red little building is the Nathan Hale School House in East Haddam,
http://www.ctmuseumquest.com/?page_id=685
where he actually taught school. The big white church is not far from that. The brown stone wall is at the cemetery at the bottom of the hill the schoolhouse is on. The shots with the bird were in my yard. Don't ask me how those red flowers got there, we never planted them, but I ain't complaining.

Rick74304, Those are vinyl graphics a friend of mine in a sign shop made. He did a great job.

And the bike is a blast to ride. Those pretty white tires ain't so pretty anymore. I rode it 15 miles sunday. I'm glad you guy's like the pics. I love taking pictures, so the shoot is half the fun.

My wife asked why the pheasant was off the shelf, I said I was giving you guys the bird! lol :lol:

dang, dang, dang!

details man, its all about the details.

Thanks, I'm into details. I should have posted a 'finished' pic of the little R's stamped on the heads of the Raleigh spokes. I drove 25 miles to a bike shop with a spoke cutter (Clark's Cycle in Essex CT. Good guy!) and had some longer R-headed spokes cut down to match the ones that were broke on the 'high' side of the Dyno-hub. Now every single spoke is an R-head. I think I covered that in my 'build' thread though.

simply gorgeous. I think we have a winner...

Thanks guys but i'm not sure it's all that nice. There's alot of nice bikes in this build off, thats for sure. But I did have it out for another 10 mile ride yesterday If that counts for anything! It does for me. :D It was built to be ridden.

Havin' some fun with Photobucket edit and I figured I'd better list some of the details for anyone who skipped the build thread. I think some of this stuff is pretty neat and rare.

The frame is a dumpster find 1961 'Popular'. I'm pretty sure it's a 'Raleigh' off brand but I can't find any info on it.

Fork is a super rare 'Humber' twin tube.

Chain ring is also a rare 'Humber' item.

Pedals are from a 1961 'Raleigh'.

Front and rear wheels are 'Sturmey Archer' 1958 date stamped hubs. 'Dyno-hub' that works great up front and 3 speed TCW that I rebuilt out back. It also works great.

Hoops are kinda rare 'Raleigh' stamped with the matte strip down the middle.

Spokes are also somewhat rare 'Raleigh' R-head spokes.

Seat is a Brooks B-66.

Seat post is fluted aluminum.

Bars are dumpster score.

Cinelli 'cork' gel wrap on bars.

Total build cost : $75 including tires.

P1011886-1.jpg

ej599 said:
Havin' some fun with Photobucket edit and I figured I'd better list some of the details for anyone who skipped the build thread. I think some of this stuff is pretty neat and rare.

The frame is a dumpster find 1961 'Popular'. I'm pretty sure it's a 'Raleigh' off brand but I can't find any info on it.

fork is a super rare 'Humber' twin tube.

Chain ring is also a rare 'Humber' item.

Pedals are from a 1961 'Raleigh'.

Front and rear wheels are 'Sturmey Archer' 1958 date stamped hubs. 'Dyno-hub' that works great up front and 3 speed TCW that I rebuilt out back. It also works great.

Hoops are kinda rare 'Raleigh' stamped with the matte strip down the middle.

Spokes are also somewhat rare 'Raleigh' R-head spokes.

Seat is a Brooks B-66.

Seat post is fluted aluminum.

Bars are dumpster score.

Cinelli 'cork' gel wrap on bars.

Total build cost : $75 including tires.

P1011886-1.jpg

PLEASE tell me where you found those tires!!

Latest posts

Back