Asylum Hank Klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran across an ad for this modern Klunker, Asylum Hank 650b SS by a company in Portland, Oregon.
28f53e81bc319348ac2b16503b57494c.jpg

Pretty cool frame with modern components, tempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the look of those!
I actually went to the order page and added it to cart to see how much postage would be, ended up I would have been paying over $1200 AUD...

Very cool bike though for those that get cheap postage!

Luke.

I love the look of those!
I actually went to the order page and added it to cart to see how much postage would be, ended up I would have been paying over $1200 AUD...

Very cool bike though for those that get cheap postage!

Luke.
That is unreal. If you were to send that bike from there to Oregon would the cost be the same or more?

That is unreal. If you were to send that bike from there to Oregon would the cost be the same or more?

Probably more the way Australia Post works... :(

Luke.

Some idea of postage costs to Australia...

I wanted to find some metalflake vinyl for my MBBO entry, pretty hard to find here in Australia, but easy to find over there, so just for a laugh, I decided to see how much it would cost:

20120931046_a0a1dbdba9_z.jpg

:21:

Luke.

I wanted to find some metalflake vinyl for my MBBO entry, pretty hard to find here in Australia, but easy to find over there, so just for a laugh, I decided to see how much it would cost:

Luke.
Pretty amazing, guess I've never had any idea of what it costs for you to "import" products to Australia.

Don't show me stuff like this! I really like how it has been set up basic with the chance to upgrade later on.
My reaction also, just figured it would be of interest to someone here. It could become a money pit, but the thought of having a new Excelsior frame is pretty cool.

Is there any short comings on the tire size? I'm ready to order one, and I'd like to know before I do. Thanks for your help, Dave.

Is there any short comings on the tire size? I'm ready to order one, and I'd like to know before I do. Thanks for your help, Dave.
I've never ridden that size I have 26" and 29" tired bikes. The 27.5" is in the middle and quite a few tire options. I guess it might depend on where you plan to ride it and how tall you are.

Thanks for the reply mazdaracer. The reason I asked, someone on Facebook commented " nice bike, too bad about the 27.5 tire size".

Thanks for the reply mazdaracer. The reason I asked, someone on Facebook commented " nice bike, too bad about the 27.5 tire size".
I suppose if you are a Klunker purist you would want a 26" wheelset.

I suppose if you are a Klunker purist you would want a 26" wheelset.
I am guessing that is what that person was talking about...
Maybe because 27.5 is the "in" thing at the moment, they may think it is too hipster...
In some cases I would agree, but it does seem there are a lot of good arguments for the 27.5 size, as I said earlier, I would rock one...

Luke.

Luke.
Unreal, they must have platinum delivery vehicles. In the early 1960 I bought a sleeping bag from NZ that was the same brand used by Ed Hillery in his Everest climb. It was sent by surface ship and took about 2 months to get here. Total cost $49, which at the time was way cheaper than you could buy a down sleeping bag here. I still have it and use it. Too bad things are now so computerized and containerized that you can't just go and put something on the slow banana boat to China for cheap. I got the rest of my 1960s backpack kit in Toronto on a trip to visit family as there was really no place to buy this stuff locally at the time. I only knew of 2 people locally at this time that had road bikes. Times are certainly different now.

Too bad they didn't make it 27.5+/29 compatible, the chainstays are insanely long enough. The Joe Breeze inspired sketch on their site with beer bottles is classic.

Joe's sketch
GetAttachment2.jpg

Hank sketch
notebook1.jpg

Latest posts

Back