BO15 ATOMIC Strand!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might not make in time, but I'll give a go with a basic build of this $15.00 Thrift Store buy last weekend.
Early to mid 80's EVAN Ocean Side 26" Strand Crusier? In very rough shape.
GOPR0168.jpg

GOPR0169.jpg

GOPR0172.jpg

That's just what I need!

The frame has the grommet thing that's cool and also has the heavy fork and rims. With those features and the foam handlebars, I'd say it's late 80's. The cranks probably gave out and it sat for years. Those are fairly common cranks and should be easy to find.
I'd say just a good cleanup and a set of cranks and your riding!

Welcome to the fun! Get to buildin!!!! Tick Tock.

It's looking good! That grommet stands out.
2 tone paint job? Maybe more than just a basic build? I'm wondering what you have planned for wheels and everything else.

Well, I was gonna leave it Stock paint but after snooping the Completion I had to mop something on it :shake:

The wheels are going to be a problem for sure, got Bars and a One-Piece Cranks/W Snow-Flake chainring, Faded Gold BMX MX Canti brake leavers around somewhere?

Forks need some serious steel-wool time for sure. I'll post some picks of junk parts I've got to choose from unless Work slams my booty with .O.T. this weekend

WIN-LOOSE? Can't make the Time frame? Who cares? It's all in Fun.

Last edited:
Dang had to work O.T. no lunch! Got a few things done though, got to pick through some of my parts Lay'n around.
GOPR0200.jpg

Thinking about the Mighty's Cranks or the Ionic Billy Goats with the sealed BB adapter, tried it before and it's pain if you don't have right width for the chain-line. I'll stick to the One-piece crank as i'm running out of time. Fenders? might not have the time to paint ect..

The 2nd bars down from the left are the exact same size as OEM's, the stock OEM bars have nasty clamp crush, or maybe some BMX style?

Dang had to work O.T. no lunch! Got a few things done though, got to pick through some of my parts Lay'n around.
GOPR0200.jpg

Thinking about the Mighty's Cranks or the Ionic Billy Goats with the sealed BB adapter, tried it before and it's pain if you don't have right width for the chain-line. I'll stick to the One-piece crank as i'm running out of time. Fenders? might not have the time to paint ect..

The 2nd bars down from the left are the exact same size as OEM's, the stock OEM bars have nasty clamp crush, or maybe some BMX style?

What are the far right bars in what looks like a Race Face stem?

Those's little gusset and the forks are what caught my eye in the first place. The Forks are actually Spinners :wondering: thought I might be able to date the bike from a date-stamp, no dice couldn't find it.

I was thinking those bars(Mid-High rise cruiser) on the FSA BMX stem too.

Here's two pic's with the 2nd from the left Bars and the Powerlite BMX stem
GOPR0207.jpg

GOPR0206.jpg

Looking sharp with the fade job.
I like that stem alot. And those shin shredders are awesome!!!

Latest posts

Back