Autumnic Dog

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the stance on this one! The edgy paint job is cool too. Grips will really tie in the bars to the other highlights...dye the seat red?
I'm thinking about recovering the seat in the future. Probably going to do a tan or brown seat though, but may do red if I can get the correct colour from a leather shop.

Wait a Minute! With that wild paint combo, how in the world did you find that house to match it!!!!!
This bike turned out uber cool!!!
I just had to go to the funky/artsy area of Vancouver to find a house to match my ride. The responses I have received from friends and strangers alike have been overwhelmingly positive, and one guy actually stopped me to tell me that it was the coolest bike he's ever seen (so obviously he hasn't been on RRB before).

So today I took her out for another ride. This time I was totally sober and didn't stop at multiple micro-breweries for libations. The end result is that I have to re-cover the seat as the padding is nonexistent. After the hour long ride, my butt was supremely sore and I realized that if I want this to be my daily cruiser for summertime, something will have to be done. I will go and purchase a piece of leather on Thursday after work (tomorrow is Canada Day so nothing will be open) and try and source out some thin, dense, malleable foam for the cushion. Hopefully I will have her finished by the end of the weekend.

Great job really came out nice that frame is soooo cool
The loop tail rear triangle is sweet . Like the color combinations too. That baby should get you around in style, you're going to be the talk of the neighborhood !! [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did the seat turn out?

How did the seat turn out?
Sorry, I haven't updated lately. It turned out comfy but not very pretty. I am going to get someone who knows what they're doing to do it for me but that will have to wait a while as I've been super busy. So the Autumnic Dog is finished (or as finished as I can make it by myself)...... all I have to do is take some cool pics of it and then post those and the seat pics.

So here are "my attempt at recovering my seat" pics, but I have just given the seat to my uncle, who works with leather, to recover, so hopefully I'll have it done before the 1st to post some finished pics.

I also went for a ride downtown yesterday and noticed something wrong with my BB and was without my tools, so stopped at a LBS (http://www.denmanbikeshop.com/) assuming it had just come loose and needed tightening. Upon inspection by the mechanic, Doug, he deemed that it needed to be replaced and so I had him do it for me, as well as put a 22 tooth cog on the back and add a few links to my chain so that hills are easier. The work was well done and my ride is smooth and requires less effort now. This is all stuff I could've done myself, but being lazy as I am, and hard pressed to find time to get it done between now and the 1st, I took the easy way out. I hope this doesn't disqualify my entry in BOX, but if it does, I will still have a beautiful bike that I love to ride and am proud to say that I built....for the most part ;)

I can't see that maintenance work effecting your entry at all.
Thanks for the update pic. That is one beautiful bike!

My uncle called me tonight and said that the seat is finished so I'll get it tomorrow and will hopefully be able to post pics tomorrow or Wednesday. Next will be a ride on Saturday so I can get some finished pics with some cool backgrounds shots of Vancouver.
Looking forward to the B.C. pictures...and the A.C. pictures (After Custom rat-ification)!:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back