AVERAGING 5-6 NEW MEMBERS A DAY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
These days I rarely check the member count and often I'm surprised at how it jumps up at times.

Looks like we are averaging about 5-6 new members a day. Some days we've had as many as 10 new members in a day.

We're still also averaging about 25,000 different people hitting the site every month which is really cool.

The search engines love these forums and it seems to have a snowball effect...the larger the forum gets, the faster it grows.

I remember when we broke the 100 member mark and was thinking...man, this is huge...ha ha! :lol:

Let's just hope we don't have the same BS hit us with spammers and hacks as our fellow chopper bike forum had. I for one would really hate to lose this site.

I notice since I joined here some newer members jumped in with both feet and still post regularly, others once or twice and then... gone. Maybe some of them will be back, but I guess some just want to throw in their 2 cents and blow, or they're just caught up in the moment and then find something else. This site is, for the most part, far less ego driven and much more "bikes are fun, not brain surgery" than others that I have looked at, thanks again for your efforts. Oh, and congratulations on the new ads and layout work.

Thankfully I have my friend Joe up in Wisconsin who is a programmer and he recently customized the registration process a bit to throw the spam bots off when they try to auto register. I haven't had any spam accounts since he made that modification a few weeks ago. Up to that point I was deleting 10-15 spam accounts a day.

if i remember correctly,last year about this time membership was around the 1500 plus mark! :shock: you created a monster,steve! :wink: and i thank you for it!

Ace said:
Ever since I joined, this forum has only been down briefly once - are you running this on your own server Steve ?
If so, my compliments to you, this forum is just too good not to join 8)

I'm running it on my friend Joe's dedicated server.

He runs a web production business and has many clients that he hosts.

I'm pretty new and have very few posts but I get on here 5-10 times a day. I may be kinda quite at first, but once I start building my first bike I will be posting all the time!!

and then it should increase near the end of the build off(at least it has the last 3)......heck i cant even come close to reading most of the posts......let alone all :shock:

Latest posts

Back