Avispado

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings fellow radrodders,

So i dont actually have any idea what im going to build yet except for a few head-badges i picked up in Holland.... and the name. As for the name Avispado, I built another bike with a diamond frame and some flipped bars and a few people mentioned it looked like a bull. Im probably going to build on a similar frame and decided Lamborghini had the right idea about naming their cars after Spanish fighting bulls. Long story short I remember when i was a kid my Spanish grandmother talking about a famous bullfighter who was killed by a bull called Avispado... Nice and sinister... with pedigree to boot! As for the head-badges im thinking about following the color scheme on one of them... but which one?????

headbadges2.jpg

headbadges.jpg

thanks guys, Im going to incorporate the blood red (pun definitely intended) as the main accent color. I narrowed it down to these five and im heavily leaning towards the Rivel badge with the wings.

headbadges3.jpg

Xcruiser said:
Dig the name,my wife was born in spain 29 years ago and moved to the states at age 4.
Those badges are great,gotta admit they are cooler than most made in the US.

Thanks im kinda stoked on the name too, and glad Lambo didnt take it yet either :lol: I have to agree that some of the European headbadges are really cool, exactly why i had to grab them when i saw them at a vintage car show in Maastricht. By the way the bullfighter "Paquirri" was impaled in '84...

I vote for the black and yellow with the winged A, and I´ll tell you why.
Avispado comes from Avispa, spanish for wasp. so an A with wings, very appropriate.
Now, at least in my region, "Avispado" means someone "wised up" or a wiseguy.

Gdcast said:
I vote for the black and yellow with the winged A, and I´ll tell you why.
Avispado comes from Avispa, spanish for wasp. so an A with wings, very appropriate.
Now, at least in my region, "Avispado" means someone "wised up" or a wiseguy.

That was actually my first thought as well, i knew Avispa is wasp and I was thinking about a black and yellow paint scheme, but ive honestly never been the biggest fan of yellow, a little too bright for me 8) Cool about the wiseguy thing though, in Castellano it only means sharp or clever... but wiseguy is even more reason to fear the bike :lol: thanks for the info!!!

The following seconds must have been good....... for the bull :mrgreen:

About the therm, usually, here at the River Plate, is not a good thing to be called Avispado, at least most of the time.
Now if your kid is "Avispado" around the ladys, that´s an excellent thing :wink: :lol:

Latest posts

Back