"Awesome" Lil Rat Build for my Lady

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scored a Giant Awesome 18 -speed off of Craigslist and turned it a little ratty for my lady.

Here it is as purchased.

LadyBird Special (before) by curlywolf, on Flickr

I took off the derailleurs, knobby tires and cables, and used the fenders, wheels and tires from my Murray. Added some old road bike handle bars and the (dummy) dummy light from the parts bin.

LadyBird Special after by curlywolf, on Flickr

Here she is riding it in the LA Critical Mass ride... ain't they cute together? :)

Los Angeles Critical Mass by curlywolf, on Flickr

Looks alot cleaner without all the cables hanging off it, cool fenders and light too, reminds me of a schwinn breeze with some whitewalls on it :) You could probably clean it up a bit more just unbolting the larger unused sprocket off the crank.

Thanks Jeremy. I left all the chain rings on to figure out which ratio she would like best. We will probably be leaving the chain on the middle gear in which case I'll remove that big one and put on the chainguard I have set aside for the bike.

Wow, I never thought you could do that with a mountain bike :shock: Great job :wink:

Latest posts

Back