RRBBO13 Aztec Jaguar / 13th Mental Breakdown

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
extforkv2.jpg

Not the crazy idea yet...
But these long trusses should help it stay lean looking.

Carl.

Truss chopper fork is cool! Like that color...looks like Schwinn opaque blue or quoise...:D
That color is from paint.net haha!
My paint plan is rattle can. Now follow this...

I have three different shades of turquoise rattle can along with 4 shades of rust in chalk pastel sticks that I plan on shaving down into a powder. The idea is a wet spray with two colors at once to vary the color, switching back and forth between the three cans as I go. Occasionally tossing a pinch of rust/dust into areas to help with the natural stone look, I'm hoping they bleed. I also have just about a third of a small can of gold cobwebbing to very lightly streak across the face of some of the stonework. Satin or semigloss clear afterwards. I just want it to look like a piece of turquoise stone, not too shiny, a bit of variation in shade with some veining and some subtle rusty ore bits. The test paint will be on the fork. After the crazy idea gets added...

Carl.

Looking forward to your paint experiment.
Thanks! I need to cut some steel bits and roughly hammer knife edges into it and weld them to the lower third of the fork before I can test paint. I want to replicate some obsidian blades.

Carl. (crazy idea ^)

Remember not to thin the paint too much. If you do, it will run, and then you will have to....*wait for it*....

Repaint, and thin no more.

Remember not to thin the paint too much. If you do, it will run, and then you will have to....*wait for it*....

Repaint, and thin no more.
Thanks. I have painted "wet" before... plus preheating the cans, even in the summer, under hot tap water helps it flow. Dehumidify the paint area... there's a lot of little tricks I've picked up. That's why I think I can make this work.

Carl.

Last edited:
How is the headlight mounted? I have another build, not in the build-off that I'm trying to get the headlight higher. Is that attached to the stem?
Yes with a headlight bracket made to go on under the nut. I've bent my truss rods but haven't threaded them yet. I'm also using the last of the stainless brackets I bought here a couple years ago. I forget who fabbed them but they're nice.
2d00a6088fa4de6482b69ed13551c8c5.jpg
30451c3d302d50582ce6e7ea4973d8f2.jpg

Carl.

That ' Lime ice ' fade is part of what helped you garner an OddJob 'Hottest Hot Rod' award in MBBO 5. Still drool worthy.

SICK!!!!!

Reassembled and ridden for a bit today. Schwinn's usually ride pretty nice but this thing has a changed attitude. Feels big and being in 3rd gear makes the ride stout. When it gets rolling, it's rolling! Gotta find a stick shift to do it justice. It puts the cruise in cruiser!
d19b7849098d6d6949979e4fd5d67a26.jpg

Carl.

Lookin sweet :cool2:

Latest posts

Back