B.F. Goodrich DX?

Discussion in 'BIKE I.D. & VALUATION QUESTIONS' started by DaveCapone, Aug 22, 2018.

1. DaveCapone

DaveCapone

Picked up this skip tooth bike which was identified as a BF Goodrich. There Is no badge so I am not sure about that. I tried to look it up but didn’t get far. I tried to match pictures to the sprocket but did not find a match. Where would I find the serial number?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. A.S.BOLTNUT

A.S.BOLTNUT

Looks more like a CWC, most likely a Hawthorne, serial number should be under the bottom bracket.

Scribble likes this.
  3. RustyGold

RustyGold

The guard looks cwc, the chainring murray...I can't get a read on the frame. Its kinda prewar Huffman looking, but not quite.

Jason

4. deorman

deorman

While there is a passing resemblance, It is definitely not a Schwinn DX. As far as I know Schwinn is the only company who made bikes for BF Goodrich, but I could be misinformed. I'd guess CWC (aka Roadmaster, or Hawthorne if from Sears), but it's only a guess. It does have a Murray sprocket and they are similar. Used to have a comparison photo to determine between CWC and Murray by the stand tabs on the rear dropouts, I'll post it if I can find it. Additionally, if there's a W inside of a C by a serial # underneath, it's I.D.'d.

5. deorman

deorman

Found the pic but it was Murray vs Westfield and it's not helpful. :wondering: