B0-X----- WEENIE WAGON -----B0-X

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make a deck for it and concentrate on the rest f the bike. Finish the weenie box post- build off. Build a cargo trike for the deadlines ne n 14 days.

Long way to go,but I spent all day on it today.
I found these washers either from my pajero or off a electric cable wheel.They make great little caps.
DSCN4932.JPG

I made another double hub for the new rear wheel.Slice the thread from a another old hub.
DSCN4938.JPG
Fits perfect on top.
DSCN4939.JPG
Welded it on.
DSCN4941.JPG
Welded on part of a old fork for the steering
DSCN4942.JPG
I was going to weld one nut on the frame,but don't think I need to now.I will double nut.
DSCN4934.JPG
When I am always working 1 of my dogs always lays under my feet.Sparks are flying and he still doesn't move.
DSCN4944.JPG

Broke a disc today,lucky I had hold of the machine.
DSCN4945.JPG
Managed to weld on the rest of the tray,the sides bits are 80cm but cut them down to 68cm.
DSCN4946.JPG
If it doesn't work,I could always turn it into a table with a brolly holder.
DSCN4948.JPG
A look at the wheel with the band brakes mounted. It's a bit wider than the other one. I could slice off a few cm's,but dont think it will make much difference.Need to fix the rear section,looks a bit out of line.
DSCN4950.JPG
A look with the fancy scrolls welded in,also a idea of the foot brake and steering position.
DSCN4951.JPG
Most of the parts I am using are from off this bike,seatpost etc. Maybe I might put a smaller crankset on it?
Have this old motorcycle brake,will try and get that mounted somehow.
DSCN4952.JPG
The tray is the right height,also with the cooker.
DSCN4955.JPG
Made it 100cm so that I can fit a gas bottle in,also,room for buns and a esky/ice chest for the weenie's
DSCN4954.JPG

Things left to do on the front tray:
1-Mount handles for the steering.(weld)
2-Make a brolly and light mounts (weld)
3-Make the wood box,floor,doors,lid + guards.
4-Paint box: Will be red but was thinking to do the tray frame black or red,still need to decide.
5-Paint the graphics.

Things to do on the frame:
1-Sort out the foot brake lever(weld)
2-Suicide shifter mount(weld)
3-Fix the rear end
4-Mount a hand brake lever
5-Paint.

Wheels need to be sprayed and greased.

Here's a small walk around.
As you can hear it is windy.

Thanks for the video update... it's looking good. :113:

Sounds like you've picked up a bit of a Greek twang in your accent... you must've been there a while.

Glen.

You got a lot done today Miss Funk!
I like the scrollwork. Kepp on plugging away at it.
Cool to see the video of your space!

Thanks for the video update... it's looking good. :113:

Sounds like you've picked up a bit of a Greek twang in your accent... you must've been there a while.

Glen.
Awww mate,20 years or so ya know.;)
Actually I have never really had the aussie twang.But when I am around aussies my accent comes out more.

Great video! Love you workshop area...

Luke.
Bit cold and airy in the winter,sticky at the moment from the mulberries dropping down. But cool in the summer.The hay bales stop the wind when I pile them up.

You got a lot done today Miss Funk!
I like the scrollwork. Kepp on plugging away at it.
Cool to see the video of your space!
Thanx KF,not use to talking to myself or filming.But if Luke can do it;) I purchased a new camera still waiting for it to arrive?

The frame is all sanded,so I need to apply a coat of primer before the surface rust starts again.Here it happens over night.
I will paint it with good old fashion minio paint first.
Stops rust brilliant product.
minio8.jpg

I'm still in and progressing slowly.
In the end I just found a old metal primer,and slapped that on without thinner?
Have been busy with work and was about to pull out of this rat race,but I am pushing it for now.
The heat is a stinker,and the pc is being stubborn.
images

I widen the top part of the rear stay and reweld the bar in.And was trying to figure it out why the bike lent to the left.
DSCN4981.JPG
I scratched my head tried bending it straight etc.
In the end the tire was down on the left side,
upload_2015-7-27_19-30-18.png
Bent some plumbing tube for the handles.
DSCN4982.JPG
DSCN4984.JPG
Sorted out the brake system.Has 2 brakes.
The foot brake wich is attached to the band brake.And will have the normal old school brakes that came with the bike.
DSCN4985.JPG
Used the pedal from a old motorbike with a spring.
DSCN4987.JPG
DSCN4988.JPG
Cut the wood for the box,I'm thinking to leave it natural instead of painting it a color?
DSCN4993.JPG
Just using old wood that is ment to look like bamboo.It's light so does the trick.
DSCN4995.JPG
Undercoat with a metal primer,even purchased the thinner....I was in such a rush,and being a sunday yesterday.I just slapped it on.
DSCN4996.JPG
DSCN5004.JPG
The red.
DSCN5002.JPG
DSCN5006.JPG
The gold.
DSCN5007.JPG
The hub caps before.
DSCN5001.JPG
After
DSCN5009.JPG
The hotdog?
DSCN5008.JPG

All I need to do is paint.
Finish the wood for the box + Graphics.
Weld the handlebar on and brolly holder.
Mount lights.
Mount it all together.
If I can get the hotdog box up and running,even better.
But for now,just want to finish the bike.

Attachments

• DSCN5005.JPG
    DSCN5005.JPG
    596.6 KB · Views: 167
SOOOO Glad that you are still plugging away. I was just about to send a search party out for you.
I know you can finish!!!!!

SOOOO Glad that you are still plugging away. I was just about to send a search party out for you.
I know you can finish!!!!!
I can't even find myself,so a search party would have no luck...
page 4 at the end of a build?

Love the video. It's looking good. Is that hot dog the seat? LOL! I want 2 dogs, please!

Latest posts

Back