Baby Blue for the Woman I Love

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completed this project back in May of 2012. The bike is a Schwinn Del Mar that my girlfriend bought for herself at Wally World over a year ago. She absolutely loves baby blue and has always wanted her bike to be painted that color. In fact, she specifically told me that she wanted the frame, fork, and rear rack painted baby blue with a white chain guard and fenders. Solely out of love, I decided to rattle can it to make her wish come true. I'm so glad that she loved how it all turned out! All of the parts are original except for the seat and tail light. The second photo shows where a wicker basket and headlight were later added to the handlebars. Baby blue for the woman I love!

locojoe,

Thanks for the kind words! I browsed this site for over a year before I became a member. During that time, I remember looking at pics from the tail light gallery. If my memory serves me correct, I believe it was you; yes it was you (hope you don't mind me posting your photo) who displayed the genius idea to incorporate innertube into the design of head & tail lights:

P1000795.JPG

It also served as the inspiration that helped me construct the tail light for my very first build:

8490811806_0a18113bcb.jpg

8489712173_c41dee063f.jpg

8487646526_7370ba4035.jpg

8489517833_8777f1e707.jpg

I must give credit where credit is due! All thanks goes to you!

Latest posts

Back