1. We will be upgrading the forum software on Monday evening. During this time the forum may be down for several hours. Thanks for your patience while we do the work!
    Dismiss Notice

Back in a big way

Discussion in 'FAT BIKES' started by udallcustombikes, Mar 10, 2015.

1. udallcustombikes

udallcustombikes Moderator

After an extended haitus due to other projects, bicycle burn-out and being priced out of the market by "American Pickers Syndrome" I am back.

I have wanted a fat bike since I first saw a Surly Moonlander in one of my local bike shops several years ago. Since those are a bit out of my price range I decided to order a Wal-goose Dolomite.

I originally ordered it thru wally-world but their site to store estimated my delivery three weeks out. After several phone calls to Walmart for any explanation as to the reason with no good answer I canceled my order and went to Amazon. Same price and free 2 day shipping.

It arrived today and after assembling it I was ready to shake it down.

I followed Randy's lead and pulled off the decals, regreased the bearings and swapped seats. My daughter's face pretty much sums up my feelings about the bike.
    [​IMG]

aka_locojoe, Endlesschain and Rat Rod like this.
  2. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

Welcome back! What are your plans for it?

Luke.

3. udallcustombikes

Gonna ride it for a while and see what I want to change. After that?

LukeTheJoker likes this.
  4. ndaway

ndaway

I see your a little out of practice..that stretched front brake cable will be fixed by turning the backward fork around and that will put your caliper on the left..glad your back

5. blown240

blown240

it should ride better with the fork turned around too!

6. udallcustombikes

I was in such a hurry to put it together I wasn't paying attention. I noticed that it was backwards as she was riding it and corrected my mistake. I have ridden it to work for the last two nights. This thing is a monster!

jerrykr likes this.
  7. jerrykr

jerrykr

The parts will tell you what you want to replace. They break, that's your clue. Want to reduce weight? replace tires and tubes. Still, they make a fun bike. Glad to see you back!