BAD APPLE --- FINISHED! FINALLY!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bad Apple is done! Thanks to you all for your input, advice, innovation, tricks & ideas! It's finally done & tested by a 5'10" 185lb rider (my son Dylan). This has been a fun build & there are so many great projects entered in this contest it will be very hard to decide on just 3 votes! Although this is not my first build, it is my first in competition. I'm glad it is done & I am happy with the finished product. I would like to thank Cameron @ UdallCutomBikes for turning me on to this site! I would also like to add that this website is like no other I have ever visited, just a bunch of guys & gals with the same interest (cool people building cool bikes). No negative comments & everyone has their own definition of cool! People of all ages, races, gender & nationalities are represented here. No two bikes are the same & they all have their own style. This build is dedicated to my buddy Dan Davis who lost his battle with brain cancer recently. Please support brain cancer research!!! Anyway here is Bad Apple finished! Welcome to the flinthills of Kansas!

This is where it all started:
swapmeetbikes003.jpg

This is the transformation:

finished009.jpg

finished016.jpg

finished015.jpg

finished019.jpg

finished014.jpg

finished007.jpg

finished006.jpg

finished011.jpg

finished018.jpg

finished001.jpg

finished.jpg

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!
finished020.jpg

Study this one. It looks simple, but it's not!

Great look, and I love the choice of colors!

Real good!

Yeah baby!! We made it homie!! Now take a chill! You did a great job! Peace

yoothgeye said:
The gunmetal looks great!

Wait... where's the worm?

I ate it when I got frustrated with the chain clearance! :lol: :lol: :lol:

tin machine said:
well pick welcome to the finish line , injoyed following you build , we made alot of friends along the way , your bike is beautifull , you have done a great job lots of nice detail . welldone my friend :)
Thanks buddy & you are right, I have made a lot of friends along the way. That, to me, makes it all worthwhile! 8)

jerrykr said:
Study this one. It looks simple, but it's not!

Great look, and I love the choice of colors!

Real good!

Thanks Jerry, I appreciate your comments!

socratesjpt said:
Turned out great , I thought you did a head badge can we see a close up of it ???

Didn't work out, it was too wide (my fault, not Terry's) & I couldn't get it to bend & adhere to the head, so I left it off. :cry: :cry:

Didn't work out, it was too wide (my fault, not Terry's) & I couldn't get it to bend & adhere to the head, so I left it off. :cry: :cry:[/quote]
See if you can fit it on the bottom bracket

Super clean beautiful rat. I thought that looked like Kansas.

Good job. Turned out very clean. I like how you matched the shape of the original Murray rear dropouts on your extensions.

Thanks to: socratesjpt, Elmer, M.Martian & herr_rudolf for your kind comments! You guys have built some bad bikes as well! Voting is gonna be REAL TOUGH!!! :!: :!: :!:

Hey Pick,

Really Cool!!!
Get job on the bike.
The Green and Black Chrome are awesome 8)
Great stance, Great pics.
All the hard work paid off.

Congrats!

Great Bike, Green and mean. Long and low. Was hoping to meet you and see your bike at the Art o t Bike. Well hopefully another time, maybe at the Mid West Bike Fest.

Latest posts

Back