Bad Luck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After watching the RRB 7 last year I figured that I would give it a try this go around! I had a list of names for my build and couldn't settle on a favorite. Well sometimes the name picks you! It only took me until day 2 of working on my bike to finally figure it out. Day 1 went great! The Huffy Santa Fe that I am using came apart pretty nicely. I will post pics this evening when I can get on the computer. Then the name will make sense.

Would like to thank y'all for all of your help on my last build. I'm hoping to use that knowledge for my first build off. Let the good times roll in '13!

Welcome to the fray!
Good luck

Then I took all of my goodies to the shop where Outlawalice let me borrow all the big boy toys.

Texas Blaster=1 Turtle=0 Kiddos, remember to wear leather gloves when using big boy toys.
Thus the name Bad Luck!

Going to do a Loco Joe chop (LJC) so I got together a few cranks depending on how low it goes.

Also gathered some other parts to blast in the cabinet. I cut 2" off each side of the mtn. bike bars to get that narrow cafe racer look. May or may not use them but I have seen some sweet bikes on here, in the past, and I couldn't resist trying them out.

The short seat post is what was in the bike to begin with. The longer and slightly bent one came off of a industrial trike. May try to add a lot more bend to see if I can lay it way back.

Luckily I used a new bag of sand and put some antiseptic ointment in it. I bleed for this build! Haha!

Ouch !!! That got to hurts.... :|
Maybe we should have a blood thread? or a burn thread... :lol:
or prize for best injury whilst building.... :)

Well, after the chop I still have all of my fingers! Yeah! The good folks at C&M Powdercoating in Moonville, SC let me do a lot of work on my bike at their shop. Thanks to Brent Crocker for teaching me how to MIG weld. This is my first time welding anything (on purpose that is). A pic of me ready to go.
After welding the frame it was time for Outlawalice, a friend and fellow RRB member, to start the powder coating. This is the blue base.
And after adding the Shocker yellow.
This is a pic of a couple of my first welds. I need more practice!

Here is Outlawalice coating the parts for me.
Also had a few coated in silver with flake in the clear coat.

Before:
And after the LJC!:
Keeping with the theme I was thinking about using this upside down horseshoe?
And a little mock up for clearance issues.
Sorry to add all of this on here at one time. Between working and playing with the bike I have not had much time to post all of this on here. Any and all suggestions are highly welcome. It's an honor to build with ya'll!

Never seen extended cantis before! Cool idea!
Love the horseshoe. It just looks like it belongs there!

Thanks guys! The horseshoe was a chore to drill through but I figured it was worth the work. Thought about cutting back the cantilevers but I think it will work the way it sets.

Latest posts

Back