Bakfiet under construction

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the local mexican popsicle man has a rig with geometry like that. it will steer, but it's gonna be rrrrreeeelllllllllyyyy twitchy at any speed. speaking of speed, that 7 speed shaft drive is awesome.

More progress with the carriage portion this weekend. I fit it with some temporary bars and took it for a test ride. 2 things were clear, handle bars will need to be welded in place and a steering dampener is going to be needed. I also started the conversion of the 7 speed internal to the spline hub, which i hope to finish this afternoon after work. It doesn't look like i will make my initial deadline, but things are moving forward.

A little more done last weekend, but i have been so busy at work it took me all week to post these. The carriage is taking shape, and i got to test out the ride with 2 people when my Dad stopped by on Father's Day. A steering dampener will be a must. I hope to make some more progress this weekend and possibly set the 7 speed wheel in place so i can begin working on the brake system.

Cool, I didn't notice the Huffy Huffy frames before. That 7 speed will help prevent it from being Huffy Puffy. :)

really sweet on the build have been wanting to make something like this for a while. Give Momma Jats a ride :!:

Troy

That's pretty cool, man. One thing, I'm a bit worried about all of the weight of the bike being placed on the fork right below the head tube. I would consider tying into the top of the head tube, the way a springer or truss rods do. That would strengthen the set up.

this is so .... cool!!! I love the toe out on the front wheels.

It is with much regret that i must bow out of this build-off. Due to circumstances beyond my control, my workload in the last 2 weeks has exploded and looks to remain at this level until the fall, stripping me of my weekends. I appreciate all of the feedback and promise to finish this as soon as i can.

Sorry to hear that buddy!
I hope you are able continue this cool build beyond the deadline.

That's a shame, but it'll get done eventually... don't really need a build off to build a bike. Look forward to seeing progress when you can.

Hey no work, no money for play either.

Given the complexity of this build more time to think with less time building may save a few redos.

However long it takes this is still one to watch.

Latest posts

Back