"Bare Bones" LaJolla...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Daily Rider...

LaJollaBicycle001.jpg

Alloy Kalloy Seat Post, Alloy Handlebars, Alloy Bar Ends, Alloy BMX Pedals, Brooks B-17 Saddle, Stripped to the MAX except for It's Orange Candy Paint over the Swirl-Finish Alloy Frame. I have an Aluminum Crank and Chainwheel comin' for it....Bike should tip the scales around 25 lbs or slightly under by then..... :wink: 8)

Reactions: Sam
Man that is sweet !! Been looking for one of these for a while now...must be getting pretty popular..found one at Denio's this weekend..beat to death..coated in funk..scratched all over..dude wanted $85 ???

Awesome, I have 2 of these bikes, love the frame on em.

outskirtscustoms said:
That would look awesome with a chrome springer.

Look even better with a Girvin fork. :D

Great buiid; and budget friendly. There is a thread for daily drivers in the Gallery subforum. Add it if you haven't done so already.
Because the La Jolla has a modern look to it, a threaded mountain fike would also look good. You could resurrect an old MTB fork with your painting skills.

The ones for men look good. Hopefully they handle better than the womens. All these cruisers here and on velospace have inspired me to build one.

I've sold the LaJolla.....I tend to do this sometimes in the Quest for the "Perfect Bicycle"..... :mrgreen: ...After gettin' the Genesis Onex 29er, I preferred it..."BUT"...it is now my "Parts Chaser" at the Junk Yard. I scored a "Brand-New-Still-In-The Crate" DK Xenia 26" Chrome Moly BMX Bike. Chrome Moly Frame/Fork/Cranks, 1-1/8 Threadless Headset, Alloy Rims/Hubs, Rear Disc Brake.....it is a "Rat Rod Under Construction" right now. After riding it after a Handlebar Change, this thing is Great...Pics and Write-up comin' soon..... :wink: 8)

I have an onyx 29er and would like to do a bmx build on it but it has a 1-1/8th threaded stem and I don't have a bmx stem that is one inch with 7/8th bar clamp for it. I'm actually doing a build on my second lajolla right now, really like these bikes, I will end up with 2 killer lajolla bmx builds hopefully by this weekend.

Carbon said:
I have an onyx 29er and would like to do a bmx build on it but it has a 1-1/8th threaded stem and I don't have a bmx stem that is one inch with 7/8th bar clamp for it. I'm actually doing a build on my second lajolla right now, really like these bikes, I will end up with 2 killer lajolla bmx builds hopefully by this weekend.
I have an Genesis Onex 29er, and a DK Xenia also....both are Great Bikes, and yep, both have 1-1/8th Threadless Stems...!!!

Latest posts

Back