Bare Metal Jacket

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow rat rod peeps! After following this years RRBO # 6, i needed to take out my frustration of seeing so many great builds that i had to do one now since i can't wait for next years build off. So i am new to this amazing website and ready for my first documented build. The problem i have is that i have at least 3 types of bikes i'd like to do but it all depends on what frame i find first and the other important factor is the money thing. So i causally look through the usual sources looking for a good bargain. Just the other day i saw an ad about buying a set of wheels for next to nothing and i jumped on it. i figured i'd start my collection of wheels for future projects. Well that didn't turn the way i wanted it but i did see something else in the shop that caught my eye and so i pretty much blew my allowance for the rest of the month to get a Rollfast frame hiding behind a sweet straight bar and a mini Rollfast. Thanks to fellow member Norm at Venice Motor Bikes, i didn't leave his place empty handed. i immediately knew what type of bike it was gonna be. i really loved Petroheads bare metal silver king even though technically its meant to be bare because of the aluminum frame. I particularly liked how his looked and i wanted to make one for myself. So thanks & congrats Petrohead for your beautiful inspired bike you built, i hope my attempts at flattery do it justice. So as i mentioned, i was told the frame is a Rollfast and I'm looking for history and what not regarding the bike. The little i know is that it's not an easy company to follow because there was a merge and the company made the same frames for other brands. I immediately searched the web for serial number dating and couldn't find anything. The pictures i saw didn't quite show some of the details that my frame has and i even checked the gallery section by manufacturer and no one has made one specifically for Rollfast, although that may change. So, who better to ask for help than the really smart & talented people here to find out more information about this beautiful frame. I've attached some images with the serial number & images of details that can help find clues about this bike. Thanks in advance!

NICE FRAME. WELCOME ABOARD AND...GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

thanks Jake, congrats on your finished bike from the build off! ok, enuf chit chat, i gotta 'get ta buildin'!

thats frame has some patina for your...well nothing rhymes with that but nice frame and it should clean up real nice like... :wink:

Re: Bare Metal Jacket 09/11/11 Update

As you can see, i'm taking my sweet lazy time working on 'bare metal jacket'. Well heres a little update, i picked up a donor bike for next to nothing. On this donor bike are a pair of black rimed wheels i couldn't pass up on that happened to come attached with a bike! I also am keeping the handle bars and maybe the pedals too. i won't be using the tires cause i wanna get some sort of creme colored tires for this build. Until next time, the slow process keeps on its own slow pace. Happy build's everyone!

Donor, pre pickings!

aftermath

Kustom_G said:
thanks Jake, congrats on your finished bike from the build off! ok, enuf chit chat, i gotta 'get ta buildin'!
THANKS FOR NOTICING RETRO RAT-O!! DANG I HAVEN'T WRITTEN MY BIKES NAME IN A LONG TIME. YO SLAP ON SOME TIRES, APES, BANANA SEAT AND SISSY BAR AND YOU'LL HAVE ONE SWEET BACKUP BIKE. YO CHECK OUT MY NEW SCHWINN IN THE BUILDS SECTION...GTB PEACE

Latest posts

Back