Bare Naked Cruisers

Discussion in 'GALLERY' started by Donniebikes55, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Donniebikes55

Donniebikes55

I just started posting to Rat Rod Bikes for the last Build-Off RRB build off#13. These are some previous builds I wanted to share with the Rat Rod community. All of them are bare metal frames with a clear coat finish. It took quite a bit of sanding and polishing to get these beauties to their current glory. So with out further ado.....
    DSCF0469.JPG DSCF0468.JPG

Attached Files:

2. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

I like your style.

3. A.S.BOLTNUT

A.S.BOLTNUT

They look heavy

4. Donniebikes55

Donniebikes55

Thanks so much, I really love building and when others like them, it's the icing on the cake. Ride safe !!!

LukeTheJoker likes this.
  5. Donniebikes55

Donniebikes55

Some of them are a bit heavy, but they're all geared right for me, and at my age I'm in no hurry

LukeTheJoker and A.S.BOLTNUT like this.
  6. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

Wow, that is a sure is a wild and funky bunch!!!! It's gonna take a while sit though and really really look at all of the nuances of those wild builds! I dig it man! Gaskill would have loved your work!!!!
    I would suggest editting the post though so that all of the pics are "Full Image" . It keeps people from having to click on the thumbnails.

7. Donniebikes55

Donniebikes55

Yeah, my buddy Chris must have slipped up, but without him I'd really be stuck. Enjoy the pics, any questions just ask. I still have some finished bikes to put on, plus all my someday projects, I desperately need more room

RustyGold likes this.
  8. Duchess

Duchess

Awesome work! Totally different from what I could do—I love it! On their own, a lot of those accessories look like they were really interesting and the way you've integrated them is really creative. Very daVinci or Victorian sci-fi.

9. Donniebikes55

Donniebikes55

Thank you very much, glad you like them. The cool thing is almost everything I use is recycled.I have other bikes I'll add soon. Thanks again and ride safe !

10. Donniebikes55

Donniebikes55

You just gave me an idea, from now on that style shall be known as DECO-VICTORIAN, thanks for the input

Duchess likes this.
  11. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

DECOTORIAN or DECTORIAN

Duchess likes this.
  12. Donniebikes55

Donniebikes55

I like it !!!

13. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

Even though there are no real or faux steam lines, you could ride those into any steampunk re-enactment and nobody would say nay. I do feel steampunk as a genre is awesome, on the other hand it is overly claimed but rarely achieved. Yet, you have nailed the Victorian Nautilus style. 30's deco...not as clearly seen but it is there.

I'd love to have some sheets of copper like the ones you used on that one tank section and it's fun to see another builder using cymbals. Nice bikes bro, I especially like the one you had in the 13thBO, Royale.

Carl.

14. RustyGold

RustyGold

Outstanding work! I'm especially digging the dragon-bike and the boardwalk racer :113:

Jason

15. Glen

Glen

Absolutely brilliant... love your work :praise:

Glen.

16. Donniebikes55

Donniebikes55

Thanks Jason, I'm glad you like them. I'm obsessed with the scales, they're the waste from a factory that makes chimney caps.EL MIRAGE (the boardwalk racer ) kinda happened on its own, I garbage picked the bike and a lot of the pieces at the same time. Anyway, keep building and ride safe !!!

RustyGold likes this.
  17. Donniebikes55

Donniebikes55

You can't go wrong when you make it long !?!? I guess we have similar build philosophies. Really glad you like them down there in Kiwiland .Ride safe

Glen likes this.
  18. Donniebikes55

Donniebikes55

Thanks very much Carl,I really appreciate your interest. The copper tank were strips left over from a job, the big pieces I used for wings were donated by my boss. ROYALE kinda happened with no real plan I just used what I had and things fell together .Ride safe Carl, and build something cool this winter

GuitarlCarl likes this.
  19. Kruez

Kruez

Awesome, I need to come back when I have more time to sit and ponder every image. We could play the, what was that originally game for hours. Love your work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. The Renaissance Man

The Renaissance Man __CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster) Pro Member

Good stuff man!
    It was while doing research for a steampunk bike idea that I first discovered this forum. I've never left the forum but I also never built the steampunk bike. Your bikes are inspirational! Maybe I will eventually make my way back to attempting a build along these lines.
    Thanks for sharing!

LukeTheJoker and GuitarlCarl like this.