Barn Fresh Higgins!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this one up this week. Not sure what year, '51 maybe, but it's just about all there. Needs a batwing light and a rear reflector. It got the cool "air cooled" hub, JC Higgins stamped block pedals, and it looks like it should clean up really well!

Anyhow, if anyone has more information to share about this bike I'd appreciate it.

i want that! it is awesome!

Awesome bike! :shock:
Looks cleaned up to me!
I'd leave it just the way it is :wink:

Nice bike! I believe what you have there is the model which was the direct predecessor to the Colorflow. I don't know if they had a name other than JC Higgins Deluxe, but they were produced in the '48-'49 years before the introduction of the Colorflow in 1950. Don't see these every day; enjoy!

Jpromo said:
Nice bike! I believe what you have there is the model which was the direct predecessor to the Colorflow.

That's kinda what I was figuring. I just find it strange that the colorflow would use a skiptooth chain where this bike doesn't.

I just put tubes on the bike and lightly washed it. I plan to disassemble it and thoroughly clean the dirt and grease off it, looks like there's some good chrome here! Gotta finish my GF's chopper first tho :)

Typically the reflector you see mounted to the back of your front fender will be found on the rear fender.

kscheel said:
Typically the reflector you see mounted to the back of your front fender will be found on the rear fender.

I've seen them mounted on both front and rear for no rhyme or reason. Maybe it's missing from the rear. There may be a little slit about 3 inches up from the fender brace.

Yeah, the reflector is missing. Hopefully I can locate one sometime. I need the "batwing" headlight too, but that will be a pricey proposition and hard to find with correct color and patina.

Diggins your Higgins! :D

Latest posts

Back