Basura Blanca

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A 20 inch version of a Burrito Bike.
The Basura Blanca, In Spanish it means "White Trash", perfect for a Rat Bike!
I had the Camo Sidecar bike just sittin' out back, since the kids can ride on their own now, they don't want to ride in the sidehack anymore, sooooooooooo. Out with the Sawzall and off with the sidehack, Bwah ha ha ha. :D

100_1108.jpg

100_1747.jpg

100_1748.jpg

A Burrito, nice choice. Check out "PhantomBantam", I got an extra piece of firewood, if ya need it!......No charge! 8)

whatcha gonna do with that sissybar??? Just Kiddin :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ...Very Cool (...as usual!! :D )

A little Ghetto bender action for the bottom tube (patented "beer geek bend") This tubing (from the dumpster at work :D ) is like 1/4 inch thick and this was the only way to get it to bend.

100_1752.jpg

And here is the basic layout......2x4 for ride height (although I saw that firwood works great too!)

100_1753.jpg

Looks great extended. A like the pipe bender. Beats the real thing anyday and much cheaper.

The sidecar took it's last ride to the ol' dumpster :(
It was fun while it lasted.
I just really don't have a lot of room left for projects that are bigger than normal.
Actually, that one was out in the side yard and just screamed of "junk Yard" so my Wife was pleased to see it being chopped up and now living inside the Garage!

Outlaw, yep, it is rideable, still going through some different ideas and changes on it to see what I like best.
I didn't want to just post everything at once, there'd be no fun in that. :D
As Rat Rod was posting the build off, I was at work tha weekend (early) hacking it up and got it to a rideable state under 4 1/2 hours.
Now I don't know if I want to keep it "rat" or maybe make it nice???? It rides pretty good.
I just put some huge Apes on it yesterday and is REALLY comfy to ride, just not sure if that's the look I want.
I also want to somehow get the chain line below the top tube, working on a idea for that as well.
Get rid of the knobbies, get newer chrome rims, a black seat, blah, blah, blah......... :mrgreen:

Cool to see you peeking in over there, some of them guys have some mad, mad skills!!! Great inspiration to see their stuff,
But this board is always full of great entertainment and awesome bikes!!!

Here is a peek at the bottom bracket set-up. I used the exsisting curved center tubes and just heated them up and bent them down enough for ground clearance for the pedals.
100_1772.jpg

Here are a few shots of the Basura Blanca, rideable, but not yet finished..............I think I may leave it just the way it is though, Real Ratty and a real blast to ride.
I stole the apes and horn off of my Sun Cruiser, other than that I got nuthin' in it and she sure is a head turner on the way to the store!!!
Hope you guys dig it. :mrgreen:

100_1799.jpg

100_1798.jpg

100_1796.jpg

Latest posts

Back