Beer Boy Delivery... Final product on Finished thread! ...while I've been waiting....this:

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work. You should attach one of thos belt buckle bottle openers on there now.
Or something like this could be riveted on.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-bot...018?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a694bb0a
$_57.JPG

Yeah, that's cool. And I do need to incorporate a bottle opener on the bike somewhere....You got me thinking as usually KF...how 'bout a concho belt made with GB bottle caps....imagine bottle caps on my strap...
...and wouldn't ya know. Here's one with "Harley" bottle caps....... bikers...

This is really starting to take shape! I do hope that you add the other big bottle cap though. :)

Glen, I'm a jazz fan and guitar player myself. I have a duo with an upright bass player and we play a lot of holiday (Christmas season) gigs. If you would like to hear some of our stuff, go to https://soundcloud.com/lee-meadows-and-the-lark and listen to the "Lee Meadows Live at Claddaugh Coffee" segment. If you like bluegrass, the band I play with "Glory Bound" is on that site as well. "Glory Bound: Live at Central Park" is a good time! :grin:
I started listening to your tracks and have it bookmarked to hear them all a little later. Sounds great!

I was noticing the music in the video also. :cool2: I love jazz music! Like you, I play jazz (drums) and I love playing Christmas music. That's always the highlight of the year when Christmas season rolls around. I try to book as many Christmas gigs as I can for that month. One of the jazz bands that I've played with for years released a Christmas album a while back that we did our own jazz arrangements of standard Christmas songs. You can listen to short clips of each song HERE on cdbaby.com. Here's the full version of 'We Three Kings Take Five' (our version of 'We Three Kings Of Orient Are' combined with Dave Brubeck's classic 'Take Five').

Last edited:
Last edited:
@OddJob - I like your beer concho idea.

This is really starting to take shape! I do hope that you add the other big bottle cap though. :)

I started listening to your tracks and have it bookmarked to hear them all a little later. Sounds great!

I was noticing the music in the video also. :cool2: I love jazz music! Like you, I play jazz (drums) and I love playing Christmas music. That's always the highlight of the year when Christmas season rolls around. I try to book as many Christmas gigs as I can for that month. One of the jazz bands that I've played with for years released a Christmas album a while back that we did our own jazz arrangements of standard Christmas songs. You can listen to short clips of each song HERE on cdbaby.com. Here's the full version of 'We Three Kings Take Five' (our version of 'We Three Kings Of Orient Are' combined with Dave Brubeck's classic 'Take Five').
Ren Man, that is right up my alley! I just listened to the 3 Kings tune on youtube. How can I get a hold of that Christmas album? Did you do a CD or actual vinyl? I have a turntable, that's why I asked. My son also plays drums, and I have a few recorded when he played with me 10 yrs ago as a starting drummer teen. Have to see if I can find any....Thanks for the cool listen and comments!

...so, I need some help on the decision for the straps.....
PLAIN......

...OR PEANUT....?

Really looking for some input here guys! I kind of like them both...simplicity of the plain belt (more authentic looking) AND the extra something that the bottle caps add (full bore Grain BELT Belt) :21:

My vote is for plain leather.

My vote is for plain leather.
Kind of leaning that way myself. Wondered which way you'd go...Sign of a good decision maker; even if you come up with an idea, you aren't afraid to change if you see a better option.

I agree on the plain leather belt... the bottle tops are too much.

However, I would try putting the bottle tops on the screw knobs that attach the straps to the underside of the tray... looks like they might fit over the black plastic that's there now.

Glen.

However, I would try putting the bottle tops on the screw knobs that attach the straps to the underside of the tray... looks like they might fit over the black plastic that's there now.

Glen.
^ This! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Glen.
Great idea Glen! Time to implore some more 3M products from our stash....

I'd go with plain leather,the caps on there make it look to busy. The whole less is more idea.

Latest posts

Back