Beer Boy Delivery... Final product on Finished thread! ...while I've been waiting....this:

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job!! how is it I've never tasted Grain Belt beer?? o_O I'm stopping by Bevmo tomorrow and looking for it!!
Scrumlero, if you can't find it (it is brewed here in MN by a local company) I will gladly send you a sixer of cans....in exchange for one of your heck (censored) or High Watermelon packs! They are both good summer beers....gonna be 85 today here in the far north. :grin:

Build is going great! Only thing that looks out of place to me is the shiny chrome taillight, sprocket peddles, ect. Just looks too "new". Maybe a touch of "faux designer", eh.

The word is getting around the neighborhood about the Beer Boy Delivery bike. A couple of my "bikey" friends have been checking in regularly when they see the light on in the garage. One of them is married to a professional designer who makes her living making things look old, with that coveted vintage vibe. When she heard about my project, she showed up with Amber (their Golden, and one of my Dusty's best girls) for a walk one morning, and took a long look over the BBD. On the return trip back, she dropped off the canister on the right with the words,"Give it a try if it works for you, if there's any left bring it back"....rusty gold....
Pure rust on the left....faux designer rust on the right

After playing with a few rust techniques, I ended up going with this.

2015-05-27%2005.57.43.jpg

I'll post some pics later today, but so far I'm happy with the look.

Build is going great! Only thing that looks out of place to me is the shiny chrome taillight, sprocket peddles, ect. Just looks too "new". Maybe a touch of "faux designer", eh.
Yeah, haven't decided on that yet. If I could make it work, would be cool! You've given me inspiration...might try it on some other chrome first.

What's the general consensus...rat-tify the chrome parts on the BBD, or leave em shiny for the polarized effect?

Horsefarmer, thanks for the encouragement to proceed with the rustification of Beer Boy....really pleased with the results! :113:

I think I might still have the beer holder that clamps to the handlebars that came with my nel lusso lusso,I'll have to look for it.

Latest posts

Back