beer can holder ideas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well make sure your bars a cumfy enough so your wife wont complain about how hard they are.

Couldn't resist. I saw them at Fred Meyers, Walmart, Aluminum that clamp to the bars. Cup Holder is what I think they are called.

Alrighty....This is probably a long shot...but...
Here we go...

Collect as much plastic as you can.

Go get some plaster...Make your hand hold an imagination beer...or an invisible beer, whichever you prefer.
Dip it in the cement.

Cut the plaster in half, to free your hand...or think of something a bit safer...
Put the molds you just made back together, Melt down the plastic you collected, Do not breathe in, Pour in the mold....

Boom, You have a mold of your hand...Bolt it to the handlebars or something

TheFlyingDingo said:
Alrighty....This is probably a long shot...but...
Here we go...

Collect as much plastic as you can.

Go get some plaster...Make your hand hold an imagination beer...or an invisible beer, whichever you prefer.
Dip it in the cement.

Cut the plaster in half, to free your hand...or think of something a bit safer...
Put the molds you just made back together, Melt down the plastic you collected, Do not breathe in, Pour in the mold....

Boom, You have a mold of your hand...Bolt it to the handlebars or something

That sounds :eek:, if I only knew somebody that will chrome plastic!!

TheFlyingDingo said:
Its a rediculous idea, but could probably actually be done.

Resin instead of...melted down plastic...heh.

It will definitely have to be something custom since here in Puerto Rico all brands of beer come in a 10 ounce can. Bottles are different and unique I think, a small heineken comes in an 8.5 ounce bottle for the past three years, they used to be 7 oz

3/4 of a coconut shell*, use a plumping c-clamp to attach to the handsle bar. It's got that whole Beach crusier thing going on AND with a small bottle you might beable to pack some ice in there too.

* Lop the top off like they do for boat drinks :D

I like that coconut with ice idea. It's not only good for beers I can even carry a pina colada with rum in there.

Taking from dingos good ideas...
Form a glove to hold the can and fill the glove with something that will solidify or just use wire to get the shape.
Hose or other clamp with a big wing nut or quick release. Maybe something that's complicated and a big ordeal to undo to get to the beer thus making the beer taste even better.

1. Take a glove
2. double stick tape the fingers around some cylindrical shape
3. fill it with this: http://greatstuff.dow.com/
4. clean it up flush to the opening of the glove (sand it, hack saw it flush, etc)
5. Cut a piece of metal or something to apply over the open end of the glove, sink in a clamp for attaching and VIOLA!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here in sunny So Cal, riding with a beer or after is the same as a DUI with the same fines. I've heard of people ducking out of sight to pound a beer (just a rumor of course) so no need for holders needed

Fe2O3 said:
3/4 of a coconut shell*, use a plumping c-clamp to attach to the handsle bar. It's got that whole Beach crusier thing going on AND with a small bottle you might beable to pack some ice in there too.

* Lop the top off like they do for boat drinks :D
thats a sweet idea

Wow, everyone has some cool ideas about how to make a beer holder! :mrgreen: I took an old coil spring, cut it in half, took the cut part and heated it up and bent it back towards the middle for a "bottom" and the one I have is just right for a 24oz cold one. You could just use a smaller diameter spring for smaller cans or bottles, or just put a koozie on your can. I will post a pic of it when I get home. I was planning on either making a clamp adapter for it for the handlebar or putting a water bottle cage mount on it for mounting to the seat post tube on one of my cruisers. 8)

Latest posts

Back