BEER RUN Blog photo of me riding BEER RUN in Costume

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BEER RUN - Knock off hub caps made from SURPRISE beer cans

after looking at this build all i want to do is skate a half pipe and drink a beer good job king

Re: BEER RUN - COLD BEER tag sign + More Lighting

Went ot Michael's craft store last night for ideas. Came away stoked.
First I found these cool poster LEDs (20 lights with 2AA controller for $8). They are actually quite bright.
20110723IMG_2129.jpg

Then I found a tin that looked about the right size for a bike tag. I then got the idea to drill holes as if it was an old bulb sign and then light it from behind. So I picked up some red and white/silver translucent velum.

Drilled and painted the tin
20110723Photo_07473324-A03B-9018-23F6-B143619CD62D.jpg

Mounted the velum and lights inside.
20110723IMG_2121.jpg

20110723IMG_2117.jpg

20110723IMG_2124.jpg

Here is video of the working flashing sign in the dark.

I also put a strand of these lights in my tank bottle.
20110723IMG_2114.jpg

Here is a video

And lastly, I wrapped up the Billy Beer light. I needed to attached the glass lens to the reflector. I taped the two with scotch tape and then stretch a cross section of tube over the joint. I am pleased how clean it came out.
20110723Photo_03A3932C-F78A-5103-2506-2B951A29F0D3.jpg

20110723Photo_9ADED422-CBBA-B157-E4B5-358D1375E77C.jpg

hey wheres the keg with a tap? :D looking good i was thinking this bike is going to be heavy but then i realized u used a lot of aluminum cans. :mrgreen:

karfer67 said:
hey wheres the keg with a tap? :D looking good i was thinking this bike is going to be heavy but then i realized u used a lot of aluminum cans. :mrgreen:

If I had 24" 3 speed, I could have used a tap handle as the stick shift. Maybe have a custom keg trailer behind it. Not enough time.

It really isn't that heavy, or at least you don't realize it after a few cold beers. :p

I did toy with putting the fat 20's on again and using some apes I found, but this is a fun bike to ride as it is. I am getting very near completion.

I am really looking forward to riding this in our big Labor Day weekend night ride around Savannah. We are also having our Craft Brew Festival that weekend. Maybe I can get some freebies by trying to pimp my bike to the promoters as an advertising tool. :lol: :lol: 8)

"Maybe I can get some freebies by trying to pimp my bike to the promoters as an advertising tool."

I'll drink to that!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: You've got some great ideas! I think I need to go to the hobby store! 8)

That's what I like about you kingfish, you are always thinking. The bike is getting so crazy over the top. It's like you started with a secret wort and brewed up a summerbrew masterpiece. Of course using all the finest hops, wheat and barley money could buy. Hard to find words for this one and I like it. Fun to see this bike staring in the Bud Light Here We Go commercials.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I mounted the COLD BEER sign and also utilized another White Rascal beer can under the board to hold the battery pack for my bottle tank lights.

Just when I think I am finished I think of something else. I need some tunes, so I am thinking about cutting up some cheap powered speakers and mounting them in a beer can sort of like a Skull Candy Pipe.

I agree that I have gone over the top with some of this build, but at least I haven't made handlebar propellers like this.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :p :p :p . I saw this at a yard sale this weekend and had to pop a pic of it.
Photo_8290C42C-6245-4231-1F09-5602B0EAE561.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - Beer Can Stereo

I still have some tweeking to do, but it looks like the beer can stereo is going to work.
20110724Photo_79601D1A-F244-7304-97C1-A2810AFA0B98.jpg
20110724Photo_760EE98A-B81E-5EC9-3110-26A32A0A96A2.jpg
20110724Photo_2731258D-6AA1-395C-B992-E964D04FDD4B.jpg

After a little deconstrcution, Dremel and grinder work on the plastic here we go.
20110724Photo_1B488511-F9D3-903C-A8CE-3317EE0FBE9D.jpg
20110724Photo_00EBB6DA-C57C-9168-5A2C-AA80ED2E98F1.jpg

Mocked up on bike. You can also see the White Rascal beer can holder for my bottle tank lights.
20110724IMG_2131.jpg

20110724IMG_2132.jpg

Installed the COLD BEER sign
20110724IMG_2134.jpg
20110724IMG_2133.jpg
20110724IMG_2130.jpg

yoothgeye said:
OK wait... so this is a beer themed build? OK, I think I can see it.
:mrgreen:

I am glad you were able to pick up on that. I was afraid that it was toooo subtle and that people wouldn't get it. :p :p :lol: :lol:

This has been a fun bike build. I don't mind having the bike that people laugh at each time I add something else. :wink:

kingfish254 said:
I am glad you were able to pick up on that. I was afraid that it was toooo subtle and that people wouldn't get it. :p :p :lol: :lol:

This has been a fun bike build. I don't mind having the bike that people laugh at each time I add something else. :wink:

I'm not laughing, I think it's all great, hard for me to qualify, especially since I don't really drink alcohol, but I don't think a beer themed bike can ever be over the top, but if someone did a cola theme bike I think it could go to far, but everything you add to this one just makes me smile.

This build is awesome. And it makes me thirsty! It's only 9:15 am here though.... :roll:

vfr86 said:
This build is awesome. And it makes me thirsty! It's only 9:15 am here though.... :roll:

It's 5 O'Clock somewhere!! Cheers!

According to my watch, there's plenty of time left in this build.
beer30.jpg

yoothgeye said:
With the popularity of beer pong, you really need Solo cup and ping pong ball dispensers on your bike.

That would be a cool accessory. The ball dispenser could mount in the seat post hole. :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
That would be a cool accessory. The ball dispenser could mount in the seat post hole. :mrgreen:

Remind me not to sit on your bike. haha

LOL!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Of course, I meant it could be put there when the bike was parked and you played beer pong on the seat board. :oops:

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

I'm not laughing, I think it's all great, hard for me to qualify, especially since I don't really drink alcohol, but I don't think a beer themed bike can ever be over the top, but if someone did a cola theme bike I think it could go to far, but everything you add to this one just makes me smile.

+1 Keep on going!

Latest posts

Back