BEER RUN Blog photo of me riding BEER RUN in Costume

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BEER RUN - Beer Can Stereo

This bike illustrates one eternal principle of art; there is a point where enough is enough, but if you keep on going, too much is even better.

I never seem to be able to get past that point (my designs tend to be pretty spare), and I salute you for having the cojones to do so.

I'm tempted to start commenting on the nature of self-satire etc. (having had a few beers myself), but in the end, it's just a bicycle, and it's GREAT! Ahem.

Re: BEER RUN - RRB Brewery Build Off 6 Pack Complete

I didn't work on the bike at all tonight, but I finished up the Rat Rod Bikes Build Off Commemorative Six Pack Sampler yesterday.
This was a fun prop to make. Cheers!

“Of all my favorite things to do,
The utmost is to have a brew.
My love grows for my foamy friend,
With each thirst-quenching elbow bend.
Beer’s so frothy, smooth and cold–
It’s paradise–pure liquid gold.
Yes, beer means many things to me…
That’s all for now, I gotta pee!”

Here are photos.
IMG_2153.jpg
IMG_2154.jpg
IMG_2172.jpg

Brew #1 - Iron Ghost Springer Seat Wheat
1.jpg

Brew #2 - Ratty Truck 40W Stout
2.jpg

Brew #3 - Madd Hops Hammer Brown Ale
3.jpg

Brew #4 - Galt Town Brooligan Dubbel Carb Porter
4.jpg

Brew #5 - SSV Supernaut Lead Sled Dunkel
5.jpg

Brew #6 - Beer Run Longtail Longshot Lager :wink: :wink: :wink:
6.jpg

The time demons are creeping in and I keep thinking of major changes.
Maybe the fat 20" wheels again with apes?
Maybe changing the forks from the springer to the dual tube forks from the Elvis cruiser?
Maybe making a sissy bar type backreast out of another skateboard? (in front of the beer rack of course. I already have it in my mind a way to make it removable with a mortise and tenon type puzzle joint).

I just don't think I have time, but who knows what I will do after I have a few.

Hey, there is a new slogan for this build, "Who knows what I will do after I have a few".

Love that slogan. Love that bike! GTB!! Peace

Jake Sensi said:
Love that slogan. Love that bike! GTB!! Peace

I't kinda goes along with the two words you hear right before a redneck goes to the hospital.

"WATCH THIS"

drink another 12 pack and squint at it right before you pass out all shall make sense then and you will know what you have to do!!! love the bike it makes me smile everytime i look at it

It is looking like the only time I have left to work on the bike is part of Sat and part of Sun.
I am almost sure I will swap the springer for a triple tube.
I also have this 1.3 gallon beer keg can on the way but I not sure if it will make it Sat.

KGrHqEOKo4E1ruwCdO0BNcoqLUcg_3.jpg

Too many ideas still going through my head and toooo little time.

karfer67 said:
drink another 12 pack and squint at it right before you pass out all shall make sense then and you will know what you have to do!!! love the bike it makes me smile everytime i look at it
+1 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen:

I dig this bike, at first I thought it was a bit over the top... but then it came together at some point and I was digging it....It's over the top like a nice frothy head on a well drawn tap....

" Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

karfer67 said:

I haven't had any time to do anything else with the bike, so I feel like I blacked out for a few days. Now I'm getting the shakes from not having my hands on the bike lately.

This is meant to be a fun build, so I am glad for the smiles it provides. Just hope I have more time to make more smile worthy work this weekend. :D :D

whoinphx said:
I dig this bike, at first I thought it was a bit over the top... but then it came together at some point and I was digging it....It's over the top like a nice frothy head on a well drawn tap....

" Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Thanks, I am adding that quote to my sig.

IF YA GONNA BE IN PHILLY LET ME KNOW WE CAN GET SOME BREWS AND A CHEESESTEAK. MAYBE I'LL LET YA RIDE THE RAT. :wink: PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
IF YA GONNA BE IN PHILLY LET ME KNOW WE CAN GET SOME BREWS AND A CHEESESTEAK. MAYBE I'LL LET YA RIDE THE RAT. :wink: PEACE

Jake, I'll be staying in CC. I beleive my co-workers have made plans for us every nigtht, but maybe we can have a brew at Monk's Cafe.

Re: BEER RUN - Beer Keg Porteur Rack

kingfish254 said:
It is looking like the only time I have left to work on the bike is part of Sat and part of Sun.
I am almost sure I will swap the springer for a triple tube.
I also have this 1.3 gallon beer keg can on the way but I not sure if it will make it Sat.

KGrHqEOKo4E1ruwCdO0BNcoqLUcg_3-1.jpg

Too many ideas still going through my head and toooo little time.

Here is my thinking on the 5 liter beer keg. Lay it on it's side and cut the upper 1/4 off of it.
Mount it on the front of the bike with copper pipe struts like a porteur rack.
Re-use the upper quarter that I cut out as a rear mini fender. Especially if I use the fat Nirve 20" wheels.

Re: BEER RUN - Beer Keg Porteur Rack - if it gets here in time

A'IGHT MONKS IS DOWNTOWN AND I WORK AT CHOP. LET ME KNOW WHEN YA GET UP HERE. PEACE

Re: BEER RUN - Radical change - Apes, forks, 20's, and surprise

Well, I managed to get off work earlier than expected and I didn't waste any time getting my hands dirty.

Big change for BEER RUN after some encouragement from Karfer. I decided to go for the more agressive look of the fat Nirve 20s and at the same time I changed out the forks and popped some apes I had off of a 1960s Italian folding tandem 16" wheel tandem bike of all things.

Well enough talking, give me your opinion on this setup.

20110728Photo_7C80706B-566B-8932-3F6E-9E2F0B84876F.jpg
20110728Photo_E25E2F30-60C9-D6FD-878F-EBD34DCBA250.jpg
20110728Photo_55AF9E92-C23E-5198-66BC-66C7C6A879D1.jpg
20110728Photo_4AC1448A-884C-6C7E-3EF9-FE0A380790C9.jpg
20110728Photo_5A0D3C18-DA22-F065-0C51-187C1541BBF5.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - Radical Change - Apes, forks, 20's, + Sissyboard

Of course, I will replace the 7" crank with a 5" I have.

Here is the surprise. I have had this idea ever since I decided that the board was the seat. This is the first time I truly mocked it up.
To me this really changes the feel of the bike.

20110728Photo_F32824A8-CF98-0F1D-317A-8409F4AFCDD2.jpg
20110728Photo_28FDC46F-2DE5-F718-939A-79A277CD4D2A.jpg
20110728Photo_6BA7CC69-AAE8-6512-4B9C-0D22D3A968DF.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - Radical Change - Opinions Needed

So tell me, is this a change for the good or a change for the bad?

OLD
20110724IMG_2130.jpg

NEW
20110728Photo_F32824A8-CF98-0F1D-317A-8409F4AFCDD2.jpg

personally....i like the orignal version,but with the baby apehangers you have on the second version.in the end you gotta trust your gut instinct most of all! :D you have taken beer bikes to a new level.

I gotta tell ya. I LIKE them both (big help, eh). The NEW version is kinda "freaky"!....I like freaky. :lol: Besides. Why would you listen to a guy (karfer), that is about to win his third RRBBO? :lol:

Latest posts

Back