BEER RUN Blog photo of me riding BEER RUN in Costume

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BEER RUN - Will be displayed as a piece of wall art soon

yoothgeye said:
This is awesome, very cool. You should be able to just use an old DC wall converter (you know, the big black plugs that you find in PILES at flea markets and in your junk drawers) to run the lights.

Very cool again though. I made a paper mache Rhino head mask my senior year of high school. We had an art show at the public library and I displayed the head on a stand I made. I won an award and got a note to "see the librarian." I thought I was in trouble. Turns out the head was such a hit with the kids that he asked if I would donate it to the library as a permanent fixture. Of course I gave it to them, what was I going to do with a huge rhino head? haha They made a plaque and as far as I know it could still be there.

Cool story about the rhino head!
The only lights I am really thinking about converting are the bottle tank lights and the Cold Beer sign lights. These are very similar to battery powered Christmas lights, so I am thinking it will be easier to just run some normal AC Christmas lights with the little flasher bulb in them. I might do something else to make the beer can tail lights work. The Billy Beer headlight will just be for looks. I don't think anyone wants to be blinded by a spotlight.

Re: BEER RUN - Will be displayed as a piece of wall art soon

Soon I will be adding some modifications ot BEER RUN to suit my buddies pizza restaurant that it will be hanging in. I plan to replace the chainring and put his "Your Pie" logo on the chainring. Also he is picking up a few extra pizza baking screens that I plan to mount on the wheels so it will sort of look like the wheels are made out of them.

I haven't ridden BEER RUN since Labor Day weekend, so I took it for a long ride all over Savannah. It was a super day. Sunny and 65. Plenty of tourists out, many of whom stopped me and talked or took photos. I even let a few of them sit on it for their photos. I also took advatage of being in a tourist town, and took some photos all over town. Here are some of them.

Of course what would a ride on a beer bike be without a little something special in the "water" bottle.
pumpkinbike.jpg

Random tourist on my bike.
a9.jpg

Tall ship down on the riverfront
a7.jpg

Paula Deen's Lady and Son
Locals don't go here, but tourists literally eat it up.
a1.jpg

We take St Patricks Day serious here. Countdown clock.
a4.jpg

Revolutionary War fort from the Battle of Savannah (2nd bloodiest battle after Bunker Hill)
a5.jpg

Indian Chief Tomochichi's grave rock with carriage going by
a3.jpg

There are now 3 or 4 of these Hearse Tours that take people around the most haunted city in the US
a6.jpg

Ferry boat on the riverfront
a8.jpg

One of my favorite bike photo spots
a.jpg

I think this might be my new entry in the calendar contest
a10.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - Pizza Screen Wheel Covers

My restauarant buddy picked up some pizza screens for me today. I am going to sandwich the wheels with them to make it look like the wheels are made with pizza screens.

Photo_25383550-80B0-12FA-3E8C-0B6CC92EEAE6.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - Pizza Screen Wheel Covers

Simple as pizza pie

Photo_C855FEB8-1316-8D47-A313-1298179BCE8F.jpg

Photo_84566CCD-A1CB-CD9A-E19D-7334F88980A0.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - Customer graphics chainring

I added the graphics to the chainring with my buddy's restaturant logo.
It has a a pizza spatula on it, so I made it so that the handle extends all the way down the crank arm.

Photo_4B16B421-0A7E-AD08-AEE7-7EC54AA9E82B.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - 11/17 30 Foot AC powered LED Lighting Harness

I made some more progress on converting the lighting to AC powered lights tonight. At first I picked up some strands of AC powered small Christmas lights, but I quickly realized that these would get to hot inside of the COLD BEER sign and tailights. So I went out and bought a 60 light strand of LED AC lights. I bought a set that had a built in multifunction flasher control.

There are 5 separate places that I need lights, so I don't need a continous string of lights. I have to cut them up into five sets and build wire harness to make sure they all get power in series.
  • - 3 bulbs for Billy Beer headlight
    - 30 bulbs for Beer Bottle Tank
    - 4 bulbs for each Beer Can tailight
    - 19 bulbs for COLD BEER sign

I finished the harness tonight and will install it this weekend. It was a bit of a pain, because I had to splice 4 wires at every cut (32 butt splices) and everything is run in series.

I'll install the ligths this weekend.
I also plan to install the Your Pie chainring and the pizza screen wheels.

Here is the THIRTY FOOT lighting harness.

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2598.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - 11/20 Pizza wheels and chainring installed

Trying to wrap up the conversion of BEER RUN to a beer AND pizza bike in time for my buddies restaurant opening.

Installed the pizza screen wheels and the custom chainring. The AC powered lighting harness is all secured and working great. One plug controls all of the lights.

WP_000754.jpg

WP_000757.jpg

WP_000758.jpg

WP_000755.jpg

WP_000756.jpg

WP_000759.jpg

WP_000760.jpg

I may even move the COLD BEER sign around to the front of the backrest. This way my buddy can angle the bike down so the the main view is from the front of the bike. where there is better placement of his logo and such.

WP_000761.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - 11/20 Pizza Wheels and Chainring installed

Sellout.

:lol: haha, just had to do it. :mrgreen:

Re: BEER RUN - 11/20 Pizza Wheels and Chainring installed

yoothgeye said:
Sellout.

:lol: haha, just had to do it. :mrgreen:

Funny, you posted this. I was thinking the same thing as I was printing out more logos to place on the bike.

But, I am looking at this similar to Paul Junior Designs. Find as many ways that you can incorporate the theme of the customer into the theme of the bike.

I already moved the COLD BEER sign and it actually looks pretty cool with the other decals and such on the front of the backrest.

Re: BEER RUN - 11/20 Your Pie Pizza and Beer Bike Lights

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - 11/25 Sold with over 100 Beer Parts

I no longer own BEER RUN. My buddy picked it up today for his restaurant. After adding some more stickers and beer can and bottle parts here and there. It now has over 100 beer parts on it. I had to take one last batch of photos in the courtyard.

WP_000784.jpg

WP_000783.jpg

WP_000782.jpg

WP_000781.jpg

WP_000780.jpg

WP_000779.jpg

WP_000777.jpg

WP_000778.jpg

Re: BEER RUN is Art at my buddy's restaurant now

My buddy opened his new pizza restaurant location (Your Pie Savannah - Sandfly).
I am still on vacation, but he sent me this photo of BEER RUN hanging from the ceiling right when you walk in the front door.
I can't wait to get home and go eat some craft pizza and drink some craft beer and look at my craft bike.

Untitled.jpg

Re: BEER RUN in action as a hanging work of art

Here is BEER RUN in action as a hanging work of art at my buddies new restaurant (Your Pie - Savannah Sandfly).
We got back from vacation Friday and I couldn't wait to see how it looked at my buddies restaurant. It is really sweet and in a very prominent postition. Right when you walk in the door there it is hanging over your head just after you place your order. The lights work great on it too.

IMG_4784.jpg

IMG_4785.jpg

IMG_4783.jpg

Re: BEER RUN is now Art hanging at my buddy's restaurant

Went to the website (http://www.yourpie.com/savannah2) for my buddy's restaurant today and saw that he had photos of BEER RUN on it.
I especially like the one where you can see how it's hanging over people as they wait in line to order/pay for their pie.

Bike2.jpg

Lobby2.jpg

It hard to beat drinking an epic beer like KBS under your epic build off beer bike!!!!!

WP_001366.jpg

WHile searching for photos online of our 500 bike night ride, I found this one from last year that someone posted in their blog.

beerrun2011_09_03C.jpg

Re: BEER RUN - FINISHED!!! Raise your glasses it's Beer 30!!

It is cool how RRBBO#6 makes total strangers "build brothers". I have a biz trip to Philly so Jake Sensei and I decided to meet up for drinks tonight.
We sat in Monk's Cafe Beer Emporium for 5 hours until after midnight talking almost entirely about the bikes in the build off and our experiences with bikes. I had a blast!!! I thanked Jake for being the Build Off Cheerleader/Sensei. The comraderie that Jake showed on the forum was genuine. What an awesome dude!

Cheers to all of my other "build brothers (and sisters)" out there. Raise your glasses high to toast the hard work and hard fun you experienced during this build!!!

As we all sift through the wicked monsters that were built this year and get ready to vote, cue up Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein" and Get To Chillin' - PEACE!

After a three year hiatus the butter knife build brothers finally reunited in Philly!!
V__2993_zps6a16254a.jpg

Latest posts

Back