Belated intro

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have been on the site for a month or two but I am real lazy about getting pictures from my camera to my computer. The first two are salvaged bikes that I found in local barns that I was demolishing for wood. One is a Columbia and the other is a Niagara. However I think the Niagara is a Columbia built bicycle, any info on that would be appreciated. The second is a Texas Ranger (Whites Auto Brand I think) that I got for my wife before she decided she didnt like riding boys bikes lol.
DSC_0901.jpg

DSC_0900.jpg

DSC_0812.jpg

Since these picks were taken I have acquired several other bikes, it is amazing what you a GIVEN when you just ask lol. Will have to post those bikes along with the two rust buckets progress soon. OWE the Texas Ranger I am sand blasting and going to give it a slight shine.

Anyway I have already stated in past messages that my wife and I used to show and play around with cars until our little one came along three years ago. The way I look at it is I am just collecting as many toys as I can until she gets out of school and then we can get back into cars as well.

LOVE the site and love to see all of the creations you guys come up with, keep up the great work

you'll still be Playing with Bikes when you get an Old Car again....

trust me.... :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

great looking Projects...

you future Project will be a Custom Bike Rack for the Sweet
Car your going to be Rolling in The Future :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

peace,
Kev.

Glad to see some local blood on the site....like I always jokingly say...I thought I built this thing for Canadians. :lol:

Have you ever been to one of Scott's swap meets at his bike shop in Bedford? Last year there was a ton of neat stuff to see and buy. Too bad I was broke then.

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7

Looking forward to seeing your builds.

Steve

I havent ever had a chance to meet Scott, some of the guys over at Bicycles Inc told me he was a good referance for old bikes. I did go up there a met Kevin, he helped me out with some bearings I needed for a Bendix hub, good guy. He also told me about that swap meet, I cant wait. I go to every car swap meet around here, I love everything old and rusted but I never see to much bike stuff.

Do any of you guys ever go to the meetings they have on the second Thursday of each month out in Arlington? I am going to try to go but this month is packed.

I'm too far to the East to get out to those meetings during the week. My guess is that it's mostly pre war ballooner guys sitting around talking.

I used to hit Pate and the Dallas swap meet every year, but then when they moved them around I lost track of everything. That and I no longer had hot rods or money, ha ha.

I'm going to talk to the guys over at the Bicycle Exchange in downtown Carrollton sometime to see if they would be interested in hosting a swap meet. They have all kinds of old Schwinn stuff on hand. They have been a Schwinn dealer for like 40 years.

http://www.bicycleexchange-texas.com/index.htm

Cool, let me know what you find out.

As for the car swap meets I take about 20 bucks and that is my budget, it makes it fun and I have a lot of neat stuff.

Just let me know if you can put anything together for a bike swap meet, I would love to go to one even if my budget is low haha.

Latest posts

Back