Bent Seat posts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I will admit it...it suck at using the search feature. I have tried with no luck to search and can't find what I am looking for. I remember seeing on here someone who makes and sells custom bent size seatpost. Maybe one of the smarter members can help me out with this? Sorry and thank you in advance for your patience and help!

Here is a pic of the most recent bend...
shortened%2Bseat%2Btube%2Band%2Blayed%2Bback.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good JGood.

For us tall people there's not much better than a bent (lay back) seat post.
Gives room so we don't hit the handle bars and the further back you can sit makes it so the seat doesn't need to be as high to get the leg extension needed.

Nagant, Whitefiretiger summed it up. By going back it makes it almost a "stretch" bike so that you still get leg extension and can keep the seat low. Its pedal forward design technology, lol.

Forgot to mention at least for me starting from a dead stop going up hill is a bit difficult when the seat is really far back but after you get going its easier.

Easier said than done on some bikes lol.
My 40s rat for instance
cbe566e62d6b36abeea4341d8380cca2.jpg

Sure you can stand to start but its a bit strange trying to set back down. As for multi gear sounds good but I don't have a multi gear skiptooth hub lol.
I just try to avoid hills I might have to stop while climbing with this one.

Latest posts

Back