Best Patina - "1941" WINS!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The list so far...
1. Old Friend - scribble
2. 1941 Colson - Double Nickle
3. Berkshire - ifitsfreeitsforme
4. iAM Higgins - mazdaflyer
5. Drag King - Renaissance Man
6. Pepperbox Special - Missing Link
7. Bull Honky - falcondave
8. Thrown Together - Daddyar
9. Wheatpenny - Toeslider
10. Hawthorne Twinbar - bruce
11. starsNbars - kingfish254
12. Psycho Monkey Ward - Schwinnspastic
13. Rusty Rebel - SchwinnRay69
14. Hombre - Pedal _junky
15. Cedar - RainerBeer
16. Graverobber - IronDio
17. Blue Arrow & Minnehaha - Funkme
18. Krunk Junk - Outskirtscustoms

Carl.

Last edited:
I am going to throw my hat in on this category. My frame patina is 50 year old crackled red house paint. Natural rusty saddle and handlebars, faux rusty Girvin forks and nanner beehive brace.
index.php

"Hombre" want some action.
IMG_20140731_155939.jpg

Here is a shot of the chainguard, my personal favorite part on the bike. I used sand paper and scothbrite pads to uncover the light blue original color, red primer and some traces of white (striping maybe?) underneath the dark blue house paint. Sealed it with boiled linseed oil. My hands hated me and my wife avoided me after this job. No-faux.
20140609_192746.jpg

Vinegar wrap, followed up with salt and hydrogen peroxide was the trick for the top tubes after they were welded in.
20140609_192758.jpg

Last edited:
I think just about every bike is going to end up in this section...:grin:
So Here's my entry,originally the bike was all chipped etc,so I used old h20 wood /house paint,then sprayed it to allow the rust to come through...The tank is brass,so wanted to create like it was from the 1900's.
CAM00691.jpg
CAM00819.jpg
All the brown is mock rust,except the handlebars and a few bobs,need to get a better shot of the bike frame...

Latest posts

Back