Bf schwinn and others

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was a good day today. Started with getting this schwinn for a pretty good price and ended with some pos lol

Im thinking about putting all the stuff from this onto a mens frame. its got some of the biggest bike fenders ive seen.any idea on age? has a neat chrome rear rack too.

Peugeot road bike

Pos 1

pos 2

pos 3

Girls Schwinn is a 50's bike, maybe even late 40's. It would be a standard model D37X. That little welded tube between the top bars (do girls bikes have top bars? Hmmm?) disappeared in the middle to late 50's. What's the serial no.? Gary

The pos 3 is a better pos than the pos 1 or pos 2.... The pos 3 has a disc front brake maybe you could adapt to a non pos! :rofl:
I like the BFG... That is sweet!

The schwinns serial is D36253. I also noticed the trussrods are gone. Im gonna assume there was a basket there that caused them to leave. pos 3 aint that bad lol. it looks neat and is made of aluminum lol

It seems Pos 1 is a gonner. attempted to fix just now and the pivot by bb is shot. ill see if I can fix it but proberly not lol I mean it could proberly be used still but why bother chanding it

It lives! I fixed it somehow. lol However! Pos 3 is scrap. theres a crack where seat tube clamp is. a sad loss. lol

interesting thing. I played with the peugeot touring bike i got. Ive never seen intergrated stemshifters in my life. lol I was looking at it and was like waaat lol They are actualy part of the stem. Every year i find strange bikes/parts lol was gonna keep it to ride on rainy/windy days. Cleaned it. looked at headtube area. big bulging tubes! Lol worst luck lately

Latest posts

Back