bicycle"hoarding" have you been hit by the epidemic please share

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well after my wife wanting to kill me for not selling any bikes or parts I have I think she has been bitten by the ratrodbieks bug.
but.... she ahs called me a bicycle hoarder lol.
so with that being said I decided this would a good topic for all you bicycle(hoarders) out there.
my collection is small but i have 3 bikes and my wifes and refuse to sell them
anyone else feel like me? share if you wish it would be cool to see what kind of collections people have

I know there is a thread like this somewhere around here, but I can't seem to find it right now.

I can't top Rustinkerer, but the wife has never had a problem with me hording...I mean collecting bikes. And yes I have felt exactly like you, I have more bikes than I can ride, but refuse to sell them for one reason or another.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I know there is a thread like this somewhere around here, but I can't seem to find it right now.

I can't top Rustinkerer, but the wife has never had a problem with me hording...I mean collecting bikes. And yes I have felt exactly like you, I have more bikes than I can ride, but refuse to sell them for one reason or another.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
ah yes I recall that now.
I definitely feel you're pain on not wanting to sell luckily my wife is cool with it and has caught the ratrodding/hoarding bug and allows me to keep whatever I want
I also run a program here where people can get bikes for free so I do give some away just not real keen on selling them their my babies

It's not the bikes my wife is tired of, it's the bikes, guitars, signs, hats, microphones, cars, tools motorcycles, barclay solders, and multiple crazy projects I get involved with....but I'm a happy camper!

When I first learned about this forum, I had two mountain bikes and an old touring bike gathering dust in my garage.

Now I have two mountain bikes that I'm riding again, an old touring bike that's still gathering dust, three bikes I've built up from their original craigslist conditions that I'm riding regularly, my "new" OCC chopper project, and I've been reunited with the road bike I had when I was 15.

I've also donated two "curb finds" to my local bike co-op after filching some parts from each!

I don't think I'm a hoarder yet but I think I have to be careful. ;)

I might have gone the hoarding route a couple decades ago, but then I got to talking to a customer who owns a tractor restoration business. We were discussing bizarre auction attendees when he said, "Ain't none of that (stuff) comin' to yer funeral."

I think about that often.

Is this RatRodBikes anonymous?

OK, my name is Steve (not my real name) and I am a bicycle hoarder:

17292777519_f627ed07a1_z.jpg

17292758529_09c32115c4_z.jpg

Tires and wheels for future projects:

17476959772_ffe113f73d_z.jpg

Just over 60 parts bikes at last count, that number seems pretty steady, they tend to get replaced as they get used...

Luke.

That was an old pic, and only about half the hoard at the time! I did purge quite a bit last year, selling several and a stack o'parts. -Adam

yeah. I have 10 or so, I think its too many but I don't feel so bad after seeing these pics. I have a couple muscle bikes that I need to get rid of.

You know you got it bad when you stash bikes at other places than home, lol! Hi, my name is Aaron and I'm a bike hoarder! Topped out at 50+, started thinning the heard out and will do so til I hit about 15.

My lovely wife says "You work very hard to take care of the family. You're not out at the bars, running around, and you make time for us. I'm not freaking out over something that makes you happy, when those other things are taken care of?"
My wife says she doesn't worry about me because she always knows where I am. IN the shop working on bikes or riding one.

My lovely wife says "You work very hard to take care of the family. You're not out at the bars, running around, and you make time for us. I'm not freaking out over something that makes you happy, when those other things are taken care of?"
Remarry her! I'll send a bottle of wine and a bell for her bicycle.

- by Gigmata

:21:
You know you got it bad when you stash bikes at other places than home, lol! Hi, my name is Aaron and I'm a bike hoarder! Topped out at 50+, started thinning the heard out and will do so til I hit about 15.
Yes my friend, you are a hoarder! You better get a little more self control, that's just ridiculous! 50+? You need to keep it in the low 40's like me. 50+...... That's uncalled for.:acute: :21::21::21::21:

Latest posts

Back