Bicycle impressions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
impress2.png

impress.png

impress3.png

This isn't that bad but the pain reminded me of when I was younger getting hurt all the time. Someone remind me to shave!

What was your most memorable bicycle injury??

not my injury but i remember bein 9/10 and my buddy wanted to ride my bike instead of his and i wouldnt let him, he started following me down the road putting his front tire on my rear. i break checked him hard and he flipped over the bars .... hard :shock:

other than than that i remember busted shins, getting racked, skinning knuckles, crashing in general but nothing stands out as much as that did :lol:

busted shins were the worst though ... felt like this link

LOL, you brake checked him? Whoa... CCR... I never thought there was that evil side of you! :lol:

I remember one time getting a brake lever jabbed through my jeans and into my skin when I was younger. Fun times on two wheels, that's for sure!

I have a small indent on my left knee from 1994 after I was going too fast on a bike behind a store when it was getting darker then I hit a speed bump on a suspension bike I got from Woolworths.

In the early 1970's I had a Hawthorne 3 speed stingray type bike with an english 3 piece crank. When my feet would slip off the peddals it would make a nasty gash in my ankle. I hated that crank assembly. But it was a fast bike for the day. And I was just a crazy kid going too fast. Gary

Just be glad you don't have a set of beartrap pedals. :wink:

Dislocated thumb at the local skate park last year, Grabbed my thumb gave it a yank back into place, and kept riding. I pulled off the first top tube grind to method to hand plant crash..... :oops:

P1220443.jpg

i remeber one time were i rode my mountian bike with no brakes and i couldnt touch the ground. i was riding down a hill with some SPEED and couldnt stop when a car pulled out infront of me, so i had to jump off in the middle of the street!

I used to have a mongoose xr250 or x-somethimg-250 I was coasting down a steep hill and my foot slipped off the pedal. I fell some sort of crazy way, some guy in a caddilac asked if i was okay and drove off before i could look up. I found seven deep gashes in my theigh from the crank.

I have a scar on my shin from about 27 years ago when by freewheel BMX crank whipped backwards one full rev and the rat trap pedal's "teeth" hit me me flat on the bone. Ouch. :oops:

In Thailand right around 88/89 I was riding my BMX across an open field at a school and caught the front wheel on a sprinkler head and went bass over tea kettle catching my chest on the cross bar along the way. I ended up on my back laid out flat trying to breath. Did I mention the field was at a Women's Teaching College...10 or so Thai Teaching Students ran up to my aid. I don't know how many times i ended up crashing there that summer.
1585158_f260.jpg

one time about 2 years ago, i was pedaling really fast, chain came off the sprockets and threw me off the bike and hit my head on our steel bridge at our house and it had sloppy welds :roll: and i mustve passed out on the bridge, woke up about half hour later in major pain head just bleeding out and walked about a 1/4 mile home and mom freaked out when she saw me.
had to get staples in my head for a couple weeks from the doctor. and of course they aren't going to go in the right way so they just yanked em out and kept putting new ones in -_-

I still have road rash scars on my shoulder and knee from a huge road racing crash. Couple of guys up front locked handlebars on a 45mph downhill. I landed with my head on someone's rear wheel watching the pavement go by. That was 1990..

oh and when i was about 5 years old i found a bike in the dump :D and took it down our hill, which is about a 55 degree angle and it was the first time i noticed it never had brakes and the first time i ever caught air, needless to say, my whole cheek got torn off, terrible road rash on my hands and knuckles, and very badly scraped knees.

They do say first impressions are the most important, right?

I don't have pics, but years ago I was racing a buddy of mine, he on his BMX and me on my 21 speed MTB. I was well in the lead but still pedaling for all I was worth when, out of nowhere, my chain broke just as I was pushing down with my right (dominant) foot. I threw all my weight onto the pedal, which caused me to dump the bike hard, somehow I wound up with my right foot hitting the pavement and getting pulled under the crank and rear tire, and my left knee pinned to the pavement under the frame. Had a 6" diameter rash on the inside of my left knee (that puppy was deep) and about 20 holes from the crank punched into the back of my right leg. (FWIW, before the dust even cleared and I realized I hadn't died, I got up and checked the bike - which was fine).

I have a wicked scar on my left leg, no hair grows there and it's completely numb to touch, but I didn't get any cool scars from the crank - I was bummed about that! That Shimano crank would have given me a very nice "first impression".

During shop class in high school, i was brazing some holes shut on a bike frame. Given I was not all there, when i took it to the anvil to straighten the rear. That's when I flipped the freshly brazed metal onto my wrist. I was 16 at the time.

Latest posts

Back