Big Daddio got a face lift

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys- Just wanted to show my latest. The Big Daddio bike got a face lift. Used a bent springer fork on it, which jacked up the way it rode until I figured out how to lock the spring action. This allowed me to use the standard 7" crank rather than going with the 6". I put a Shimano Nexus 3 speed on it with a custom suicide shifter. I'm also waiting for my decals to come in which will finish off the bike... hopefully today or tomorrow. I'm not too sure about the bars yet so if anyone has suggestions give em. Oh, and sorry for the poor picture quality... they were taken with my phone. I'll be taking high quality photos when I find a good location for the back drop. Anyhow enjoy.

IMG00063-20100107-1617.jpg

IMG00065-20100107-1617.jpg

IMG00066-20100107-1618.jpg

IMG00068-20100107-1619.jpg

i like the way the bars look, but i wonder how comfy they are. sign board tank is begging for decals too :) mean looking bike all around !!!

how do the fattie-o's compare to the thick brick ? the fatti-o looks a bit bigger but it could just be the profile.

bike looks great, cool idea on the headlamps.... coors light? needs a PBR or schlitts or fat tire even. :D :wink:

jon said:
bike looks great, cool idea on the headlamps.... coors light? needs a PBR or schlitts or fat tire even. :D :wink:

:lol: I was thinking Pabst too! Great bike! Looks like it will kick someone's butt for NOT liking it! Headlight really give the ooompf to the frontend.

CCR said:
i like the way the bars look, but i wonder how comfy they are. sign board tank is begging for decals too :) mean looking bike all around !!!

how do the fattie-o's compare to the thick brick ? the fatti-o looks a bit bigger but it could just be the profile.

Decals are coming soon, hopefully today. Both tires ride the same so it really comes down to the look your after. I had the fattie-0's on first then switched to thick bricks and now one of each. I thought the fatti-o looked better on the back...kind of gives it that hot rod look. As far as the bars now, they arent that bad. it's fun as heck to ride. The biggest adjustment was getting used to the bent springer front end. My friend tried riding it the other day and about crashed the thing.

That bike is mean looking for sure! I absolutely love the twin visored lights mounted to the springer like that, it's perfect!

Are the fatti os bigger than the thick bricks? The fatti o won't fit under my front fender so I'm thinking about ordering a set of thick bricks.

nice ratbike!
Checker Plate for the gear wheel.. never seen that before - i LUV it :mrgreen:

oh, and btw:
dunno why, but headlights somehow remind me of Doc Browns train in Back to the Future movie :lol:

Re: Big Daddio got a face lift AGAIN

:roll: It happened again and I will blame it on my good friend HALFLINK. He just happened to ask me a month or so ago what I was going to do next to the bike. I said, "nothing, I like it just the way it is". So now she sports a redesigned tank, new headlight setup with the head lights linked into one switch and the tail light in the other. I used steel braided vacuum line for wire loom and changed the shifter know to a grenade. Not sure if I'm going to keep it yet but thats easy to change. Coming soon will be a fancy noise maker (Ahoooga horn run on a 3 cell lipo battery. :D
P1161181.jpg

P4130136.jpg

P4130137.jpg

P4130138.jpg

P4130139.jpg

P4130140.jpg

P4130141.jpg

P4130142.jpg

P4130143.jpg

That is one sweet ride!!!!!!

Now I wish that I hadn't sold the acorn nuts from my Schwinn Exerciser part out.

Diggin' the braided line & AN fittings. I'm looking to buy or bend up a laid back seat post like yours. Is that something you picked up or made? Post diameter? Thanks-Mike

fordmike65 said:
Diggin' the braided line & AN fittings. I'm looking to buy or bend up a laid back seat post like yours. Is that something you picked up or made? Post diameter? Thanks-Mike
Not sure what the diameter but I got it from LBS. I'd like to ditch it some day and make my own. The braided line made the bike pop a little. :shock:

Bro!! That came out Soooo Good!! :D Do you have any night pic's to share? Would love to see how those lights work at night.

Later Bro! Half Link :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back