Big headtube bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Electra
61e42b87a9787bfb85a402703d599d84.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

In Colorado, all the Electras look like normal beach cruisers, even the townies were VERY normal looking. When I went into Arizona, there were a bunch of these big headtube things and they were not just Electra. I was weirded out by these and their popularity down there.

I can't imagine a longer head tube, except for a cycle truck. The nearly foot long head tube is the one thing I really dislike on my Townie. Well, that and they clear coated over the decals so I can't just peel them off.
I think a triple tree fork would go a long ways to disguise that crazy head tube. Unfortunately, a set of forks like that would cost more than what I paid for the bike! LOL

I can't imagine a longer head tube, except for a cycle truck. The nearly foot long head tube is the one thing I really dislike on my Townie. Well, that and they clear coated over the decals so I can't just peel them off.
I think a triple tree fork would go a long ways to disguise that crazy head tube. Unfortunately, a set of forks like that would cost more than what I paid for the bike! LOL

That headtube is SO CUTE and LITTLE!
20190529_190942.jpg

20190617_185914.jpg

20191006_110303.jpg

Those head tubes don't look all that bad. Those bikes are made for people taller than me, so the proportions front to back aren't so bad. The Townie has like a 16" seat tube so the head tube looks way out of proportion to me.

KGrHqFHJDME-mK53dw+BPrqr9iYL60_12.jpg

GiosTorino.jpg

Must be this guy's bikes

https://images.app.goo.gl/pu6qzsrwF6NPrEnTA

That guy did have a bike but it was 3 bike frame stacked on top of each other with the drive train of the bottom bike and the seat of the top bike. Think of it as a triple tall bike with the kranks at the very bottom.

The green bike and the purple bike is made for someone 7' tall and over.

About 3 years ago I picked up one of these Jamis Hudson Easy three frames . I couldn't find a internal headset large enough ?

maxresdefault.jpg
What... Is... An... Internal... Headset...?

Latest posts

Back